RC Racer

I just bought a new Traxxas E-Revo brushless edition

I just order today a new E-Revo, yet I will be running 2 3s 40c 5000mah lipos.. What kind of tires do you guys recommend? I am sure the stock tires will come unglue all the time with high speeds

Thanks

RC Racer

RC Champion
    there are lots of aftermarket tires and rims..... the stock tires will unglue eventually when you will run 2 3s...

I use beadlocks but do not run more than 2 2s ....

Your are looking for street setup I guess.. they look neat those rims...

by the way , congratulations with the ERBE... it is awsom brushless out of the box in every way....
    Slightly Addicted

RC Racer
    What is your approx. top speed with 2s packs.. I have two 2S 5000mah 20c batteries.. would those work also?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    For onroad use, look into the HPI Phaltline tires and blast rims- you will need to tape the insides of the tires to prevent ballooning- I doubt pre-glued 1/8 TC wheels will work too well..

On 4s, with low spec batts, I'd stick to the stock 18/65 gearing for ~30mph, you need to run decent spec packs regardless of voltage really if you are aiming for any kind of performance ( 18/56 or 24/65 = 40mph, but only with better batts ).
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Champion
    I have 2s 5400 mah 20c packs and the ERBE runs great with those....
    I also have 7000 mah 35c packs and the difference is hard to tell for me with the stock 18/65 gearing regarding both speed and temperatures .. the run time is longer but I am usually through driving before any of the pack sets are cut of by the LVT

I have just to day gone to the 18/54 gearing and the truck is faster and still okay regarding temps... I dont do on road but off road
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    but though I have the 20c packs go for a higher c value min 30 to 40 when you are looking at new lipos
    Slightly Addicted