RC Racer

Question Sidewinder V2 esc and motor

is this a reliable esc and also which motor should i get with it(4600kv Motor,
    5700kv Motor, 6900kv Motor, 7700kv Motor) And also is there any pics of this esc installed on the 1/16 e revo.
    This is the link
    http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...inder_sv2.html

RC Qualifier
    I just got it but haven't run it yet (waiting on mounting hardware for the motor) but it is a castle sidewinder so I'm not worried about it being reliable. And the motor choice really depends on what you want to do with it i.e. do you want more speed or more control. I went with the 4600kv but I'm all ready an out of control driver with the stock set up.
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Qualifier
    Hey bixler. You really should stop starting multiple threads with the same questions. It's annoying. This is the 3rd one on the same subject today. Come on! If you have a thread started already, keep asking questions in that thread. Or, on a better thought, use the SEARCH function! Half the stuff you ask is already out there. Quit being lazy and look up the stuff.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you can go wrong with castle, I would change just the esc and keep the stock motor, it doesnīt need a bigger motor. Agree with tha mule donīt start multiple threads with the same subject it can cost you points and it is against the rules.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 02-13-2011 at 11:51 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    you can go wrong with castle, I would change just the esc and keep the stock motor, it doesnīt need a bigger motor. Agree with tha mule donīt start multiple threads with the same subject it can cost you points and it is against the rules.
    What about heat issues in the summer? I know on my slash 4x4 it would thermal all the time with the summer heat.

RC Champion
    Motor choice should be determined by what batteries you are planning to run

You will need better than 20c lipo packs (40c reccomended) if you run the larger Castle motors to get the most out of them

4600kv - 2s, 3s or 4s
    5700kv - 2s or 3s
    6900kv - 2s only

The can all be geared to similar top speeds

The 4600 with an MMP ESC turns these cars into monsters

Cheers
    Last edited by crusey_aus; 02-14-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    Slash Platinum
    SCT MMP / 2400kv