Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    Looks like the old Parma 1st gen Dodge Neon coupe body will fit the wheel base of this car, but will have to cut open the wheel wells more and run a 0 offset wheel or switch to the Tamiya M-Chassis or HPI Mini RS4/Cup Racer wheels with the stock diameter wheel well cut outs.
    Where did you find a neon body?? I've been looking for a very long time for one Google for Parma dodge neon got me nothing..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by aphinity View Post
    Where did you find a neon body?? I've been looking for a very long time for one Google for Parma dodge neon got me nothing..
    Another guy from RCCrawler had one and contacted me after I mentioned that I would have run one of those on my brushless Tamiya M-03 for speed runs since the standard Rover Mini body has the aerodynamics of a garden shed. I'm just hoping the touring car foams I'm running right now will work with that shell, that little monster goes so fast it's ripped Tamiya and HPI Belted "M" chassis tires to pieces on 3s with a Sidewinder, 4600kV motor, while geared for a 27t stock can motor
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC poster
    how fast does the Fiesta go stock out of the box?

RC Qualifier
    Claimed 35mph (gearing and voltage limited). Plenty quick for residential streets, anyway.
    The prototype project.

RC poster

Question

Another guy from RCCrawler had one and contacted me after I mentioned that I would have run one of those on my brushless Tamiya M-03 for speed runs since the standard Rover Mini body has the aerodynamics of a garden shed. I'm just hoping the touring car foams I'm running right now will work with that shell, that little monster goes so fast it's ripped Tamiya and HPI Belted "M" chassis tires to pieces on 3s with a Sidewinder, 4600kV motor, while geared for a 27t stock can motor
    Is there any chance you'd part with the neon body you have? I know it might just be 'a neon' to some, but I grew up loving those cars and always had a dream to have an RC version I drive an SRT-4 right now.

How about it? Can we make a deal of some kind?

RC Champion
    This one will be going on my Tamiya Mini, I'm just not sure if it will be used though, the wheel wells are too small for normal 1.9/2.0 TC wheels so I'll probably have to get a new set of Tamiya Belted Mini tires to glue the living snot out of and try to run on that car on 3s.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC poster
    Well, again, if you are willing to part with it, you would make me very happy.. .i've honestly been looking for one like this for 15 years. I'm not even joking when I say that either!

Thanks guys!

I'm going to see how close my M-03 bodies fit it when I get home tonight or tomorrow and when these bodies come out clear, I'm going to hit up one of the local Ford dealers for a can of Fiesta Green just to see if Ford's spray tough up paint works as well on lexan as Chrysler's does!
    Ive seen The host on RCTV Live use other kinda of paints on Lexans. He used a paint adhesive primer dealio that I cant think of right now. But in his words, most paint can be used with that paint chem.

BTW. Real nice lookn car. I like that you removed the graphics right there in the store. Looks sick bro.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Ive seen The host on RCTV Live use other kinda of paints on Lexans. He used a paint adhesive primer dealio that I cant think of right now. But in his words, most paint can be used with that paint chem.
    He was probably talking about Adhesion Promoter, I've used the Duplicolor brand when spraying their bedliner on my Crawler bodies as well as their "Mirage" paint on another body. I still wouldn't use Testors/Model Master enamels and Tamiya plastic model paints on lexan though.

Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    BTW. Real nice lookn car. I like that you removed the graphics right there in the store. Looks sick bro.
    Thanks, I work for that HTU and did it as soon as I got done taking the first pics of it. I have a customer (who I think is a member here too) that pealed the decals off his Blue Fiesta while waiting on some pizza to take home
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    A little update on my Fiesta, I stripped the chrome off the wheels and installed a pair of ThunderPOwer 1800mAh, 2s, 65/130c lipos in it last night, I did have to Dremel the chassis and battery doors for wire clearance though.

Aw, Biscuits!

RC Qualifier
    how fast is this set up with a 1/10 velineon system?

RC Champion
    Not sure, but it's plenty fast for my driveway on 7.2v.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    It's almost undriveable with those TP packs in parallel now!
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    And if somebody is wondering if it's green.................

Yes, very
    Awesome Top Gear reference there, and great looking car!
    Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

RC Champion
    Thanks Cubic, I couldn't help myself

Now I just need to get that Vette body out of storage for the Baddies to use
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Enthusiast
    first wanted to share the pics of mine while i did paint it i also cut a hole in it so my esc and motor wouldnn't get so hot
    and one question could you pm the info on your bl system cause i defiantly wanna do the upgrade
    Fiesta brushed.

RC Champion
    It's just a stock, older model VXL system on a lexan esc plate Gwaz, nothing special at all about it, everything else was plug and play.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Racer
    I have the Ken Block Edition. It is one of my favorite cars. Most fun car in the world to drive on road
    Slash, Ken Block Fiesta
    Slash 4x4
    Summit

RC Enthusiast
    It's just a stock, older model VXL system on a lexan esc plate Gwaz, nothing special at all about it, everything else was plug and play.
    thanks man I'm definitely doing that upgrade as soon as i can afford to
    Fiesta brushed.

RC Champion
    Been a while since I've updated this, set it up as a rally car for running at a friend's house yesterday.

Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    Worked pretty darn good as it was (had it more than a foot in the air on more than one occasion!), but I rebuilt the factory plastic shocks (swapped in the aluminum GT-R shocks back in September) into basically MERV shocks to lift it up a bit and give it a bit more droop since landings could be....problematic....at times if the bumper hit the dirt before the tires did or if it bottomed out and the bumper dug in.

Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    Here's the droop I'm getting out of the full length shocks.

Should be interesting to see how it works off road now.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Racer
    i almost miss that neon body now... so what did you do with it ?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/281683941894234/

RC Champion
    So far I trimmed it out for those pics and that's it, kinda want to get the Cup Racer rolling stock to try with that body on this car. If those wheels fit a 1/16, it would be easier to use the other Cup Racer bodies too. That might be on hold now that I have a 1/1 to pay for though.
    Aw, Biscuits!