RC Qualifier

Cool Got a new 1/16th Summit VXL

What are some of the first upgrades I should consider for the truck? I have a Rustler VXL as well but its as upgraded as it gets. Just wondering where a good starting place is for the summit. Thanks!

I have a mini Revo which is very similar and I am still amazed how little upgrading they really need. I would suggest an upgraded knuckle, I like RPM but many prefer aluminum knuckles and some steel hollow balls. Both will help take the free play or slop the steering and suspension systems tend to develop after some use. A stronger servo may also be a good upgrade.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    After you get some help from people do a search in these sections here and on some other sections of the forum you will find a ton of good info. Great purchase and welcome to the forum. check out the traxxas alley im holding a video contest. So enter your new truck. Also i am going to contribute to your cause. I myself like lunsford titanium hingpins. there a bit expensive but my stock ones always seem to get bent. And it causes my a-arm to bind and not allow it to move freely.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYDL7&P=7
    Buying Monster Trucks Madness Right Now

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I received a mini Summit two weeks ago and so far the changes I've made are:

1. Swap gears in the tranny to lower the gearing
    2. Installed a 55 tooth spur and 15 tooth pinion, again to lower the overall gearing
    3. Lowered the body about 1/4" to improve the center of gravity
    4. Added an extra shim to the servo-saver spring to tighten up the steering response
    5. Replaced stock shock oil with 70wt Associated oil
    6. Replaced stock diff fluids with Traxxas 500K fluid

This is all I have changed and all I plan on changing for the foreseeable future as the little truck is great!

RC Qualifier
    on #1-2-4 more info would be appreciated im curious. did you swap the gears or did you do the tranny flip? on 2 what pinion did you use? and 4 can you throw a pic to show that it would help alot thanks. i just learned something.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Can be the lights considered as an upgrade !!!!!!

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ummit-upgraded

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    1. I can't remember where it is, but if you do a search in the mini Summit section you will find a couple of threads about how to do this.
    2. I bought the optional 55 tooth spur gear for the Traxxas 1/16th vehicles from my LHS. It was a direct bolt on.
    4. It was a Robinson Racing, 15 tooth, 48 pitch, steel pinion gear, again purchased from my LHS.

I forgot to mention in my previous post, I also added the Traxxas optional, red aluminum links and tie rods just for the eye candy effect and I also swapped out the Traxxas connectors for Deans. Not that there is anything wrong with the Traxxas connectors, but rather all of my other RC vehicles use Deans and I wanted to remain consistent.

RC Qualifier
    1. i can do just making sure it was the tranny swap and #4 you got a link

RC Qualifier
    thanks you been really patient and helpful i appreciate it! If there was a reputation button i would use it LOL

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys! Really helps! Yeah it'll take some getting used to, like the driving style, its super easy to flip over. Learned that out the hard way. Right now i've got 2 traxxas series 1, and 2 dynamite 2s lipos 2200mah that i use, along with the parallel and series connector. I have some bigger 2.8 tires i might try and put on but not sure yet. Thanks for all the help!