Thread: Bulkhead

RC Enthusiast

Bulkhead

So my slash took a nice trip into the curb and busted its bulkhead. What are your recommendations for the new Hop-up bulkhead? Plastic vs. Aluminum? Brand?

Happy Slashin

RC Racer
    STRC aluminum is perfect..... you won't regret it
    2wd Slash, Ofna Hyper 9e, 2wd AE SC10, 4x4 AE SC10

RC Champion
    And only the STRC one.. others are 2 part designs, which can and will rip apart in a hard impact.. STRC is one piece.

RC Qualifier
    FLM is also nice, and one-piece. I personally run the STRC, but know several people who use the FLM with excellent results.

RC Racer
    Strc or FLM, Aluminum! You need the weight and strength up front.

RC Qualifier
    Stock is strong enough, I have never broke one in almost 2 years and I bash hard
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang63 View Post
    Stock is strong enough, I have never broke one in almost 2 years and I bash hard
    Yeah, I wouldn't say you "bash hard." My son went through 3 plastic bulkheads in less than a month, and I went through 2 in about 6 weeks before I put the STRC in. If you're not breaking parts, you're not going fast enough.

RC Qualifier
    I am on vxl and lipo and I get over 15 feet of air sometimes and don't always land it and I have run into trees as well
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

I tore many arm mounts out of stock plastic bulkheads. I installed a STRC aluminum bulkhead and that problem is no longer an issue. Plus on my Rustler I like the added weight up front and I like having the bulkhead that the front suspension is mounted on as solid has possible with no flex in it.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    If I ever do break a stock bulkhead I will most likely go aluminum but I am just saying that mine has held up extremely well

On dad's comment, my emaxx's front bulkhead is cracked a little where I broke a lower a arm
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys, I am going to go with strc bulkhead. This bulkhead is compatible with the strc lcg conversion kit as well? Common since says yes but just wanted to double check.

Happy Slashing

RC Enthusiast
    I just watch them on ebay and pick them up for less then 5 bucks.... I have 2 spares right now for my 3 slashes.... lol Planning ahead i guess!