Thread: Sandpaw 2.2

RC Enthusiast

Sandpaw 2.2

Anyone have these? Did you put them on the stock wheels or get new wheels? How do they perform in snow?

I'm debating getting these for the rest of winter but I'm not sure how they will perform. Right now my truck typically buries it's own tires in the snow until the chassis is resting on it. I'm worried that that's all it will do with these also except with bigger holes for the tires.

RC Qualifier
    I put sand paws on my mini summit on JC beadlocks and used the toys wheel extenders so the tires don't rub the body at full turn. Couldn't test the tires yet because both my wife and my mini summit ESC's are toast and in route to Traxxas.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Champion
    i have the revo 1/16 with sand paws and they are rubbish in snow. the stock tires work a lot better.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Qualifier
    Here's my 1/16 Summit with JC beadlocks and 2.2 sand paws. Brand new and haven't tried them till the ESC gets back from TRAXXAS.

Here's a pic of the wheel extensions so they don't rub the body.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Qualifier
    What is the diffrence in size next to the stock? How bad would it rub? Do you have a pic with it on the wheels or with out the extenders showing what may rub? Thanks.
    Also did your tires come with foam?
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxximus Prime View Post
    Here's my 1/16 Summit with JC beadlocks and 2.2 sand paws. Brand new and haven't tried them till the ESC gets back from TRAXXAS.

Here's a pic of the wheel extensions so they don't rub the body.
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Competitor
    By rubbing I think he is talking about the inner beadlock ring on the JC wheels. They rub the aluminu axle carrier. A lot of guys dremel them out a bit. The tires will fit just fine on other wheels without spacer.

RC Qualifier
    I did it cause they rub on the body when the tires are turned and the suspensions fully compressed up.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S