Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar

i got a roller at the lhs

Well I went to get all I needed to start a slash mt but he didn't have nearly enough parts to get me started. I was a bit disappointed till I noticed a pede 44 roller just sitting there. He said $175...... I offered him $145. He says he'll get it out of me in the long run so no prob. $145 for the roller.

No....that's not gonna work.

im gonna get this truck going this week.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    Nice deal! These trucks are a blast! Make sure you give us some pics when you get it built up and a couple bash vids!
    Parts are cheap...glory lasts forever.

RC Qualifier
    That body on the pede actually looks pretty cool (but a bit big). have fun and post pics when done. as said above, these trucks really are a ton o fun. best rc purchase I have made in a long while.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I knew youd end up with a Pede 4x4... I think its a better MT platform than the slash cause its smaller. Go with that MMP SC system from castle to power it... i think im going to go that route with mine and get rid of the 2650 motor... its just SOOO big.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    that body would be sick if it wasnt that big, does anyone have any idea of smaller version body of a old school hot rod that will fit?

Picked up some stuff for the pede today. The lhs didn't have half of what I needed. I wanted to do a body today but he didn't have the one I wanted. So I just grabbed a stocker.

Also did a bit of mod work to lower the body. I'll go a lot lower when I get the parts and the other body in but for now this will do.

I figured out a way to use my Promatch packs too. If you have a few extra straps, washers, and screws you can give this a shot for your packs too.

RC Qualifier
    Goin to put a mm in it?
    If it ain't dirty get it dirty

Im dropping a stock motor in for now. Spring time comes and we will see how the rest of the CC family has done. Most likely will be a sc system. Here's were I left off earlier

I got another mount for the front and lowered the body some more. Also started putting some light aftermarket parts on.

It's kind of cool that the medium spring from integy are blue. A bit darker color but not to bad. The 10 pack of progressive shocks cost a whopping
    $13. X hard, hard, medium, soft, x soft. It goes in order in the package. Green is x hard, down to the black being the softest. The white is stock from my truck.

These blue springs hold it up really well without spacers. So when I get full waight in it, I bet she'll squat down nicely.

It's looking good. I'm interested in seeing a body on with those rear mounts. Are you planning on running that 8c pack? I always liked my 2wd VXL Pede on 8c, I think it should carry over to this, and be a good match.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

Quote Originally Posted by asheck View Post
    It's looking good. I'm interested in seeing a body on with those rear mounts. Are you planning on running that 8c pack? I always liked my 2wd VXL Pede on 8c, I think it should carry over to this, and be a good match.
    Im uploading photos.

Alright....kids are in bed and I get a bit of me time. So after looking at a rapter body today, and Pave's bit of input, I've chosen a body. For now, this will do.
    This pede is 44, waterproof, and i'm sure it's very capable of going through some slop. So with that in mind and the fact that its a fast lil bugger, I'm gonna call this one Blue Buyou.

I've got a couple of tires in mind but haven't chosen one yet. Its hard to get something besides badlands. I don't want to regret a $50!

I also plan on adding the TRX essentials package. This time in, you guessed it, blue. I've got some good movement out of this suspension and hope I don't have to limit it for any reason. We'll see when the turf starts flying.

Looks good, finally a low enough body.
    _
    _

Quote Originally Posted by asheck View Post
    Looks good, finally a low enough body.
    I think Pave has his bummer scraping the floor. I didn't know if his is sag or body. On my truck, the suspension is all the way up. Shocks are at the factory location and the springs are plush but, it is up untill some force is on it. When I get time to do a rebuild on my bb, I'll put um on the Buyou.

RC Qualifier
    Looks nice. Waitin to get mine

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I think Pave has his bummer scraping the floor. I didn't know if his is sag or body. On my truck, the suspension is all the way up. Shocks are at the factory location and the springs are plush but, it is up untill some force is on it. When I get time to do a rebuild on my bb, I'll put um on the Buyou.
    Sorry Pave! I'm not insulting your truck. It's. The suggestive word or the t9 on my phone putting more likely words up inplace of my typed word it didn't recognize. Good news though, I just added hummer to the dictionary lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedester' View Post
    Looks nice. Waitin to get mine
    Are you buying new or converting your slash? I personally don't like pulling parts from one to another unless I didn't like the truck at all. Have patients and let the collection grow.

RC Qualifier
    I am buying a new one or getting a roller off ebay

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I think Pave has his bummer scraping the floor. I didn't know if his is sag or body. Now ain't that a funny bit of literature? On my truck, the suspension is all the way up. Shocks are at the factory location and the springs are plush but, it is up untill some force is on it. When I get time to do a rebuild on my bb, I'll put um on the Buyou.
    Everything's looking really good, except for that contraband in the upper right corner of the photo. Is that the stand-in for car-crushing duty?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

What, that old thing? Love that lil car. Gets me through the stormy days. It likes to do its thing sideways. Tell ya what, I'll see if the kids can catch me with it this spring. I bet it'll be a kills chase! Its got an atomic bb and look with medium gearing.
    Also, thanks for the compliment.

Hope Pave gets a laugh out of that bit too. Wasn't intentional though.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Lets leave my bummer out of this alright... hehe...

Its not nearly as saggy as some have suggested.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Well I got a new esc and ran a pack through it at the track today. Yup, this is one fun truck! Only problem im having is I don't dare to try and tighten the motor screw any more than what it is. It feels like its on the verge of stripping in the plastic mount plate. The jumps at our track are slam your truck big! It's a small track for sc with out the room for high jumps and smooth run off. So, you rocket up and slam down and tends to change my gear mesh.
    Im ready to fix this problem pronto! Who has an awsome price on the king heads mounting plate. Im only getting a few pieces today so, I would like to make this upgrade first. Any links would be nice. I've got there main site open on another page now but thought I would check with you guys first. That's always been the best way to get results IMO. thanks.

Sorry about the blur.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 02-10-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Couldn't sleep so I put the TRX motor mount and TRX toe links all the way around. The rear cambers were the the only ones so short that I had to cut the toe links to use. Guess I just like the super thick look. That and I've never snapped them on the other trucks.

Man, I need a new pair of wheels/tires again lol.

Anyone have a nice clear shot of a RPM front slash bumper? I'm wondering what the deal is with how it ties into the diff case. Did you put some spacers in? I've put the rear on just for body protection. Not to fond of the look but hay, less broken parts!

also, I'm surprised that I'm the only one using the TRX toe links all around or at all for that matter. What's up with that. I know some of you are bending stockers. They look great to me. Lol

RC Qualifier
    1- Traxxas Slash 2wd Greg Adler edition

Quote Originally Posted by romian View Post
    I have a couple of rather impresive p2des and love them. This is the bumper I use on them. Good effort though. I need top view of the 44 application. How it ties into the diff case. Do you have one of those pix?

You could always do what I did for the rear bumper, cut it down. I bashed my Slash pretty hard with it, and it held up fine.

I haven't heard of troubles with the links, mine have always held up fine. If I go through the ones I have laying around, then I would upgrade
    _
    _

RC Qualifier
    Nice to see a picture of a slash rear bumper on a pede. Im thinking about making the switch.

Lil update. Added ultimate components

little bling lol

Looks good. Did you notice if they removed any slop from the front?
    _
    _

RC Qualifier
    Wow that bling looks awful good

The front end is solid. It's tight enough that I can tell you I need a new servo! It's had a slow decline in performance for a day or so.

RC Qualifier
    Gosh, between those sick rims and now the blue bling Im feeling low class...

The stock plastic carriers and c-block took so much more of a beating than I expected. I will be keeping them around as backups. I got the alloy trx parts for piece of mind. They will be put to the street and the dirt with as much power and air as the truck can handle. In some cases, it'll be too much air, but I know the TRX alloy can and will survive longer than the stock parts. More than just the looks, I'm giving it a better chance of survival. Lol

Got out of work today and picked up some big bores. Yesterday the dip behind the counter gave me blue shock caps for a nitro hawk. I asked for ultra shock alloy caps. So today i told him, I've already got $15 in these caps so, i'll give you another $35 for a set of bb's because he doesn't have the right caps. I'm loving this black and blue parts mix. Only gray left is the chassis. Think im gonna die the chassis this week. Not much left to finish now. Body, wheels, tires, f/r bumpers, and after the snow is gone, lipo and CC.

Last edited by thedreadedend; 02-21-2011 at 08:02 PM.

RC poster
    Nice Pede...I'm getting a Slash 4x4 and plan very similar mods...And the first thing I thought of was those Traxxas blue aluminum turnbuckles, especially because of all the blue aluminum on the Slash PE...

Well, I couldn't log in for a week now but, I've been working on sumthing in my spare time heheheh! I'm putting the paint to it as we speak hahahahaha.... not really sure how this is gonna turn out. I'll SHOW YA THE REST LATER. But here is a teaser of my 44 PUGGY

RC Qualifier
    Updates? Video
    E-maxx 3903
    GraveDigger BL power
    Slash CC SCT

I haven't uploaded to youtube for a while but I'll get some up for the forum soon k. The lil lady is driving right now, im on my way to the lhs. Im getting teckno shafts, a 2400 combo, wheels, tires and a slash. Just got a debate check from the state. Seems I over paid my child support just over $1000! Really nice bonus I wasn't counting on.

Well I got some "stuff" hehe. F/R tecknos, battery expantion, 3s, bug baja, paint, ultimate slash, badlands, sct 2400 combo, and some more trx rims. I'm gonna put a sl4sh MT together as soon as I have time. Their goes another $850 lol, he gave me the battery for free lol, and the ultimate was $435.

Nice pile of goodies there
    _
    _