RC Racer

I need help purchasing a Summit

I am looking for a snow truck toy.. I have a an extra vxl 3s system laying around, therefore could I use it for 1/16 Summit brushed as ill be taking the motor out?

Also if have the vxl 3s system.. How reliable is the VXL system now? I had two years ago an E-revo 1/16 VXL yet I had a lot of ESC issues and had to return back and forth with Traxxas paying 45.00.

thank for the help

RC Qualifier
    I have had a merv for close to a year now and haven't had any issues with the esc.

RC Racer
    I use to run my Merv with two 7.2 nihm battery... Would that have been the problem? What kind of batteries do you run your Merv?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by reyesjhs765 View Post
    I use to run my Merv with two 7.2 nihm battery... Would that have been the problem? What kind of batteries do you run your Merv?
    Do you mean in series? if that the case that's the problem. Use the parallel connector you will have more run time. If you already have the system it would be good to get the brushed summit, I have (3) velineon system and all works great, always use lipo batt, but you can use whatever you want if you know how to use it.

RC Racer
    I have 4 of the 16th scale ESC/motor combos. I had to return one that was part of the Summit VXL run that has ESC issues. The others have been flawless. I run 2S SPC lipos mostly. Get the brushed version and upgrade it. Should be awesome!
    Parts are cheap...glory lasts forever.

RC Racer
    I have VXl 1/10 esc combo system.. I don't have any 1/16 scale combo system.. Will the 1/10 esc combo work?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by reyesjhs765 View Post
    I have VXl 1/10 esc combo system.. I don't have any 1/16 scale combo system.. Will the 1/10 esc combo work?
    maybe the motor with a tenbol motor mount, probably you will have to cut the receiver box, but since you want to run on snow it won't be a good idea, don't think the big esc is going to fit...
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 01-29-2011 at 09:59 AM.

RC Qualifier
    i would stick to the 380 brushless motor. It is a GREAT motor. And if you put a 1/10 esc in there you will haft to mount sideways! Also i would be interested in buying the stock esc and brushed motor with the mount if you dont want it! Just PM me if you decide to do this. hope this helps!
    Buying Monster Trucks Madness Right Now