RC Qualifier

Alright guys i have another $300 to spend...help me out

So today i bought an iphone 4 from a kid in my class for $100 :P And sold it for $400 a couple hours later. So I own a Kenblock rally. All my mods are heatsink. An the new SV2 with 5700kv motor coming. So either i mod out this kenblock i own now. Or buy the new Brushed mustang. Put the 5700kv motor in it with SV2. And upgrade to traxxas link.

OR i could just buy the blue brushless mustang boss 302. And thats it? What should i do! lol

RC Racer
    You could save a load of money and just wait and buy the Mustang body and mounts when it's available on Ebay... Personally, I've always been a fan of modding one vehicle at a time to make it the strongest I can. Your choice, but if it were me, I'd upgrade the KB to the max and just swap bodies/tires for the style of driving you want to do.
    KB Rally
    Savage Flux HP

RC Qualifier
    Your right... I could buy the mustang body (prolly $60)
    I already own black TE37 rims with street tires..
    I already own slash 1/16 wheels...
    So maybe i should just wait for the body... idk. Ill see other peoples opinions lol thanks!
    The only thing i dont like is when my car breaks i have to wait a week to get it fixed... like the servo busted an traxxas sent it usps an its been like 5 days so far.. haha

RC Qualifier
    i do really love that feeling when your new car comes in in its fresh new box ahahahahah

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Id go with just the necessary upgrades to make your rally as good as it can be without going too far and making it over blingy. Maybe get a tenbol motor mount for your big block too...

Really though, why have 2 of the same cars... get something different if your going to get a new car. You could almost get a brushless summit for that kind of dough. Or, get the brushed summit, put your VXL system from your rally in it, take the big block motor mount from the summit and use it with the 5700 combo in your rally... thats what im considering doing myself. Then you have a sweet 1/16 offroad rig and a sweet 1/16 onroad rig for all your bashing needs.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by _jono_ View Post
    The only thing i dont like is when my car breaks i have to wait a week to get it fixed... like the servo busted an traxxas sent it usps an its been like 5 days so far.. haha
    Take a hundred bucks and buy a supply of extra parts. RPM knuckles, extra servo, extra ESC...no more down time (well, other than the downtime it takes to swap out parts)...

Buy 3 more iphones from the kids in your class!
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    lol i wish

RC Qualifier
    I have 3 cars, 1/10 e-revo, and 2 mervs, one of those moervs is bein turned into a rally right now.. but I LOVE havine more then one car, if one breaks, you got one 1 or 2 more in reserve you can play with while yer waiting for parts forthe broken one. then just **** out as things break. na mean?

RC Qualifier
    oh well im porlyl gonna get an merv!

RC Competitor
    If I were you I would get the 1/16 summit instead of the merv because you already have the KB for onroad. Im my opinion the merv is more of an onroad vehicle than offroad. I have both the summit and the KB. I sold my merv.

RC Qualifier
    i just cant deal with all the flipping.. i think the summit would flip more then the merv

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by _jono_ View Post
    i just cant deal with all the flipping.. i think the summit would flip more then the merv
    On road the Summit flips like crazy, loose dirt and back country stuff the Summit is perfect. The Merv is a hybrid of sorts. I drive it great out in front of the house, doesn't drift like the KB does but still hauls. Back country driving I change the pinion to a 12T and change to the Summit tires and the Merv goes where the Summit does, just doesn't have the ground clearance.