RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Exclamation what brushed motor ?

I have a erevo roller, yes I want brushed (water resistant) and cheap build, but still undecided on the motor.

1.Titan 775
    2.Dewalt
    3.KD700HO

wich one will be a better option for a decent speed, torque, and reliability.

thanks.

RC Racer
    The titans are fine look in market place , and the fact I'm selling some has nothing to do with this post

And monkeys did not just fly out of my butt
    ERBE, BRUSHLESS SUMMIT, EMBE

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by hco20001981 View Post
    The titans are fine look in market place , and the fact I'm selling some has nothing to do with this post

And monkeys did not just fly out of my butt
    Thanks I already have the titans 550, I'm looking for an upgrade when those die

RC Racer
    I heard the dual 700s are nice but hard on batts
    ERBE, BRUSHLESS SUMMIT, EMBE

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I dont believe a single 700 series motor would be any better than dual 550-600 motors; you'd need dual larger motors to see a real improvement in speed and torque, and that indeed would be hard on batts since current draw would double pretty much..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    I dont believe a single 700 series motor would be any better than dual 550-600 motors; you'd need dual larger motors to see a real improvement in speed and torque, and that indeed would be hard on batts since current draw would double pretty much..
    I had the titan 550's, puffed them right away. Stepped up to the dual 700HO revolver kit from KD. its made the car fast, but drained the batt's quickly, and made it heavy, and top heavy. I dropped down to one, with a single motor mount,. Now it is just as fast as 2, weighs less, and has a lower center of gravity, and longer run times. I love this set up, very torquey, and plenty of power for not bein brushless, and woalks all over a twin 550 set up. would really come alive on some lipo's I bet, I only run nimh right now. I completely submerge this thing and it just keeps takin it. the break in procedure for the motors actually involve submerging them.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
    Last edited by tha-mule; 01-27-2011 at 06:40 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This is one of those times when it's nice to be proven wrong ( so far as 2x 550 vs 1x 700ho is concerned ) . I'd still like to see a 775 vs 700ho though, those would be interesting to compare...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    This is one of those times when it's nice to be proven wrong ( so far as 2x 550 vs 1x 700ho is concerned ) . I'd still like to see a 775 vs 700ho though, those would be interesting to compare...
    I agree, also be nice to run both with a dewalt motor and see which of hte 3 is best.

RC Racer
    I was looking for suitable large brushed motors for an E-Revo, and came across an interesting find...multiple brands (Thunder Tiger, Ofna) nitro starter box motors are the exact same size as the Titan 775. Not sure if they have as much power output as the 775, and they don't come with wires/capacitors...but they are cheaper.

I've done some searching in various places and I can't seem to find anyone who's used a starter box motor in their monster truck. It would most likely have to be driven at 6s to make up for the low RPM, which kind of limits its applications to whoever has a Mamba Monster/Max Pro/XL.

RC Racer
    i got 40 min run times from kd700s and that was all out bashing.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by black maxx View Post
    i got 40 min run times from kd700s and that was all out bashing.
    What kind of batteries do you have? That seems to good to be true.

sent using tapatalk for Droid

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have stocks for now, but my plan is to run lipos.

RC Champion
    Sorry to interrupt and definitely no offend... just never seem to understand why some always say brushed = waterproof..
    Is it because of the Traxxas ESC ?
    When I had brushed motors they always got destroyed by water or debris in the open areas and the Titans could not be serviced upon..... the closed type brushless motor has never given me any problems as the brushed did and for instance the ESC from Castle Creations is coated for water resistance... But to make it near perfect I run with Outerwear covers for both Engine and ESC ..... I can go anywhere, except below the surface :-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tha-mule View Post
    What kind of batteries do you have? That seems to good to be true.

the elite 5000 that kershaw offers

RC Qualifier
    Well, the KD motors break in procedure involves submerging and running them for a while.

RC Qualifier
    just goin back to the original thread, has anyone tried the 775 on the e-revo and can recommend? you dont have the switch the esc if you change to the 775 right? you just leave the other set of motor connectors dangling?

RC Racer
    I run the titan 775, that motor takes both sets of wires to it 2 positives 2 negatives, nothing dangling. easy bolt on with the single motor plate. I run it with a 21t pinion and am very happy with it. I am putting in the mmm in a few weeks here just for more power and speed.

here is a couple vids of bjoe's 775 powered revo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix8IPdyF_G8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWPzKmyxO5E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenJee.../4/DjP021MFU7c
    http://outlawrccrawlers.createaforum.com/index.php

RC Qualifier
    good to know thanks. i think ill do that too then. what do you mean when you bolt to the 'single motor plate'? is that something i need to get extra? or is that the stock plate you bolted it onto.

RC Racer
    on the brushless edition it is the stock plate it is made to hold only 1 motor.
    I do not know for sure if the 775 is a direct bolt-on to the stock motor plate for the e revo 550 edition that has 2 motors. you can try it and if it does not bolt right up you can grab a single motor plate from the brushless edition, they don't cost much.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dblrnut View Post
    I do not know for sure if the 775 is a direct bolt-on to the stock motor plate for the e revo 550 edition that has 2 motors. much.
    if anyone knows this, id appreciate it

RC Qualifier
    dblrnut, what kinda speed do you get with your 775 compared with the stock twin 550s?

RC Racer
    speed is a little better then the 550's but really not to noticeable. the torque is a lot more tho which makes for great wheelies.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ooh yeah, worth mentioning that the erevo is a good 3lb lighter than the summit so the 775 can be geared taller when used in the erevo, so a higher top speed is possible, forgot to consider that in the past...

RC Qualifier
    cool, so i installed the 775 today, it was tough finding the 4mm screws that attach the heatsink to the motor, and you guys didnt mention that i needed a new, bigger 5mm pinion, so the only they had in the lhs was a 18t. it runs pretty good i gotta say on the 18t. pretty much the same speed i think, but i notice the chassis is a whole light lighter which is nice.

how much performance difference do you think id see with a 21t pinion vs 18t? is it worth it you think?