Thread: hot motor?

RC Enthusiast

hot motor?

sorry if its a repost....
    how hot will the motor be after running with dual batt paks?
    mine could burn you is this normal?

Many variables effect how hot the motor gets, gearing driving style, location, and ambient temp just to mention a few. Damage to the motor typically happens at temps of 200 or higher. You should use a temp gun to check your temps.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Many variables effect how hot the motor gets, gearing driving style, location, and ambient temp just to mention a few. Damage to the motor typically happens at temps of 200 or higher. You should use a temp gun to check your temps.
    wich one do you recommend?

RC Qualifier
    Buying Monster Trucks Madness Right Now

RC Champion
    A hot cup of coffee runs around 140 and you cant stick your finger in that with some pain, so your fingers are not a good judge of temps above 125-130 degrees. You could be nice and safe with your temps sitting at 150 and still burn your fingers. When I got my temp gun I was supprised to see what "HOT" really felt like.

I use a Temp gun I bought at Canadian Tire ( if you cant tell, I live in Canada) for $49.99. It was on sale half price marked down from $100. I know you can get them cheaper, but Canadian Tire has a good return "I don't like this piece of Junk, I think I'll take it back" warranty/policy.

Mine is pretty accurate. If I point it into a pot of boiling water it reads between 205-220 depending on how I hit the bubbles.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Competitor
    you can get some decent temp guns on fleabay for 30-40 bucks. I use the pro exotics pe2 and its worked pretty good for me if you are looking for a cheaper one.

I've owned many and all have worked well enough for use in this Hobby. I too have a PE-2 it has lasted longer than any other I have owned and worked very well. I also use a CenTech that is shaped like a pistol , I got it from Harbor Freight it is big to carry in your pocket but I like using it the most.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power