RC poster

Exclamation Which Summit CVDs are you breaking? Front,rear, inner ,outer, left or right side.

I was going to replace the axles on my MERV with the Summit CVD's but now I don't know if this is a good idea.There seems to be a lot of Summit CVD drive axles being broken. Where on the vehicle are you guys breaking them?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm confused here, traxxas hasn't release summit cdv's, and some people are having problems with summit shafts and they are using merv shafts one their summit so why do you want to do the contrary if the merv's shaft are proven to work fine, If you want to upgrade the stock ones get the traxxas steel cvd's. For more info look at this thread
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-on-the-summit

RC poster

Smile

The stock Summit drive axles are CVDs made of plastic for the most part. CVD's give a smoother transfer of power to the driven wheels. They are also suppost to work better at the greater angles that occur with the long travel rockers and extended rear A-arms of the Summit. I'm doing a MERV to Summit conversion and the Summit CVDs were suppost to be an upgrade. I wanted a poll of sorts to get a feeling of what was breaking and where.
    I'm calling my conversion a "Smerv".

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    got you point, all I can say I haven't had any problems with mines so far.

RC Qualifier
    I thought they released a set that would fit the new rear a-arms on the merv and the summit? I saw something somewhere but cant find it now? Anyone who finds them PM me the part # Thanks.
    Buying Monster Trucks Madness Right Now

RC Racer
    I busted 3 summit shafts, two of them the pin that goes through the cvd and into the plastic cups snapped right off, the other one the plastic cracked. One was on left rear outside, one was on right rear inside, and one was on left front outside. I replaced all of them with merv shafts and they held up just fine. Now I have gpm steel shafts and they are working great. I think the merv shafts hold up better, and they are 1/4 the price!

RC Qualifier
    I broke the right rear, I replaced them with Merv CVDs and have had ZERO problems with them.
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC poster
    If you don't use LiPos, I can't see you breaking these shafts. I haven't even remotely had a problem with the driveshafts, and I run 2x NiMH batteries in series. It runs great, and I really can't see anyone breaking these driveshafts on the dual series NiMH packs.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascaryan View Post
    If you don't use LiPos, I can't see you breaking these shafts. I haven't even remotely had a problem with the driveshafts, and I run 2x NiMH batteries in series. It runs great, and I really can't see anyone breaking these driveshafts on the dual series NiMH packs.
    I run 2 traxxas stock batteries in series and I broke the front left inner. The hole where the metal pin goes through is where mine broke. Could of easily been either because of cold weather or the never ending amazing cartwheel it did.

RC Qualifier
    These cars are designed to take punishment so 90% of the time its the user's fault. Especially traxxas cars they are durable. They are designed for newbie's in mind so thats my opinion. And if there is a weakness on the vehicle rpm it or aluminum it! but in this case revo it LOL.
    Buying Monster Trucks Madness Right Now