RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Racing short course... with the Revo.

Purple/blue springs. (I think, whatever the stiffest are) 90 wt shock oil, 19/54 gearing, and only 3s....

The new track in town is an indoor short course track. They used non skid surface for the track, its like sandpaper. The ERBE turned out to be the perfect weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqZ-d1B5xU

Chasing one of the faster guys on the track:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgNE0Rh--Oo
    Last edited by ducati777; 01-25-2011 at 09:21 PM.

RC Competitor
    Do you have a picture of the modificated body pins?
    And are you able to drive the standard E-Revo Talons with the slash body?

I like the slash body much more but I thought it would not fit on the e-Revo.

Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    First off, thanks for asking! I love a good excuse to post more pictures.

This was a body I was about to throw away, until I started eyeballing it on the revo. There's another thread about that.

I saw the rear of the body was already marked for the slayer, which uses the same mounts as the revo... perfect!

I had to trim the back end out to clear the wing. The back end of this body was torn up anyway so no loss there.

I didn't change the revo mounts at all.

Because the revo has a longer wheelbase than the slash, and slayer, the body marks in the front didn't work. I simply eyeballed these and drilled new holes.

This setup works really well at the new track, so if they let me run it, I'll probably keep it this way for a while.

I'm willing to do a e-slayer pro conversion if they still think its a monster truck.

If that doesn't work, I sure liked that guy who did the Traxxas Ralley 1/8.

Taking a E-revo to a SCT track. For some reason"bringing a gun to a knife fight " keeps popping into my head. I likey
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the answer. When I get my e-Revo this could be a good looking alternative.
    If the body still fits with the original tires. I think they are wider than your on-road tires.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You know I forgot to check about the talons...

A while back me and the Talons had a disagreement about how much rpm was reasonable.

Even since then I've been on aftermarket tires. However, I kept the stock rims and put racing tires on them. I haven't tried those with the body. I know my Mashers don't fit, they're too wide. Not sure about the stock rims with a narrow tire.

This setup might fit... I'll take a look this evening when I'm home.

Edit... I dunno, after looking at the picture, I bet it will rub just like the mashers.
    Last edited by ducati777; 01-27-2011 at 10:35 AM.

RC Champion
    3s looks great in that e-revo. Are you running two batteries in parallel?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post
    3s looks great in that e-revo. Are you running two batteries in parallel?
    I sure am. My 2 5800 ******* packs. I tried it on 6s, and it was just too touchy. With 3s, I can use a lot more trigger travel, I'm actually WOT on the straight.

I haven't heard if they'll let me run it this weekend at the race. Those videos were just open practice. If I get to run, I'm going to try 1 battery pack, on the right side. Since the track is clockwise, we're turning right more than left.

Plus if I go to 1 pack, I can charge the other while I'm running... Right now I can series charge, but its still at least an hour if I drive to LVC and then charge back up.

RC Champion
    That sounds good since one 3s battery should be a little bit lighter than two 2s.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep, it will weigh less, be easier to charge too. I'm not too worried about the amp load, I run a big capacitor bank, and everything stays nice and cool. In theory the cap will smooth out the load on the batteries, lowering the ripple currents and peak draws. The motor was running 115ish. I didn't measure the ESC, if it doesn't thermal I don't really care what the ESC is doing.

This is probably all placebo effect anyway....

But it looks cool...