Thread: summit brushed

RC poster

summit brushed

does anyone know when part #7380 and #7360 will be available. its the motor mount and plate for the 550. every site i have visited doesnt have it, except one site but 0 units available.

RC poster
    I am wondering the same thing but I also wanted to know if there's a specific list to convert to the Summit brushed. As far as I can tell, the motor mount, gear cover and receiver box are different. Will the VXLs receiver box work with the bigger motor in the brushed version? If it doesn't then wouldn't you need a new chassis as well so the receiver box fits on the chassis properly?

I really would like to keep the truck waterproof, hence all the questions about the receiver box.

RC Racer
    I have the brushed version i will look when i get home.....i am pretty sure the receiver box is the same.

Why do you wnat to convert to brushed.

I bought the brushed and now am converting to 540 brushless motor

RC poster
    i have a brushless and a brush. but id rather use the 550 brushed for more of a climbing truck. by the way i just got off the phone with hobby town and they talked to traxxas and said the parts are going to be ready within 10 days. all we have to do is wait. ill only buy them if together the parts are less than the tenbol mount. also with traxxas coming out with theirs, i wonder if tenbol is going to lower the price.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah it usually takes a month after they come out. Every traxxas vehicle seems to be like this after released. I wanted the updated bulkheads for my mini erevo and i had to wait a month after the next batch was released.
    Buying Monster Trucks Madness Right Now

RC Racer
    Not sure if you are allowed to do this on this forum....but i have the titan 550 and the xl2.5 esc...let me know if interested

RC poster
    I want to convert to brushed to run a 1/10 scale brushless system, and the original Traxxas parts are cleaner looking than the Tenbol big block mount. Also the Tenbol doesn't have the gear cover which I really want.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The receiver box is different, I'm sure of that... When I tried a brushed motor with the Tenbol mount, the stock receiver box was to big... Also , you can see on the pictures that it's different...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC poster
    Yeah I'm assuming the chassis is slightly different at the receiver area. I guess I'll need another chassis as well.

RC Racer
    I can confirm also that the receiver box is slightly diffferent in size......that might ruin my plans...i was planning on buying a 2.4ghz traxxas receiver and binding it to my transmitter for my rally...I wonder if that would fit in that different receiver box?

RC Champion
    The chassis is the same, but the receiver box cover is different.

efarral the Traxxas 2.4ghz receiver is the same length and width, and a little shorter in height than the stock 27mhz AM receiver the brushed Summit comes with, so yes it'll fit.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWilJas View Post
    The chassis is the same, but the receiver box cover is different.

efarral the Traxxas 2.4ghz receiver is the same length and width, and a little shorter in height than the stock 27mhz AM receiver the brushed Summit comes with, so yes it'll fit.
    Thanks.....i guess i could have taken the one out of me rally and tried it i just haven't taken the time to do it......but if you are saying they are about the same then i will move forward with my original plans...thanks alot

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
    I want to convert to brushed to run a 1/10 scale brushless system, and the original Traxxas parts are cleaner looking than the Tenbol big block mount. Also the Tenbol doesn't have the gear cover which I really want.
    Sweet, I think a nice 55t motor could be fun in one of these
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer