Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,766

    Who has a summit with no esc problems ?

    with all the post on the troubles with the summits esc suddenly coming to a stop and traxxas techs saying they havent heard of this issue i was wondering how many of you have good esc's ?
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

  2. #2
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    63
    Mine does this, when I realease the trigger it brakes. I just got my truck on Wednesday and thought it was an off setting in the transmitter.
    slash 4x4, 1/16 summit vxl, and an old t maxx 2.5

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyrl1 View Post
    Mine does this, when I realease the trigger it brakes. I just got my truck on Wednesday and thought it was an off setting in the transmitter.
    see this thread :

    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...right-words%29
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyrl1 View Post
    Mine does this, when I realease the trigger it brakes. I just got my truck on Wednesday and thought it was an off setting in the transmitter.
    what helped me here is turn up the throttle trim till your truck starts to move farward hold it off the ground and when you hear it trying to go foraward back off a hair and this should help ...another words make it so when you just start pulling the trigger the throttle starts almost instantly.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Z....

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by SWEETZ28 View Post
    what helped me here is turn up the throttle trim till your truck starts to move farward hold it off the ground and when you hear it trying to go foraward back off a hair and this should help ...another words make it so when you just start pulling the trigger the throttle starts almost instantly.
    Hope this helps.
    I tried that and it did not help my esc. I'm glad it worked for you though!

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    991
    I have one had it about 3 weeks and no problems so far...
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    54
    Sounds like doing the merv to summit conversion would fix all these problems.

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    163
    I've had mine since November and run it almost every other day and have had no problems. I also switched out the radio equip. to Futaba 3PM-X FASST but worked fine with the stock stuff.

  9. #9
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Washington, PNW
    Posts
    55
    Mine works great
    KB rally & 1/16 summit
    94 ford ranger 2.3T

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    +1 on working great right outta the box.

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180
    Wish I could join the list. Traxxas RMA'd mine yesterday for the same "braking" problem.

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    553
    I can't join the list. Mine and my Wifes ESC's are shot. I got RMA's and shipped both dead ESC's off today.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon/Sandbox
    Posts
    654
    HUH... I have had zero probs with mine so far. Running like a champ on both 2s and 3s ....
    Wouldn't you like to know...

  14. #14
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    79
    i pulled one out of the box a few weeks ago when i heard about the ESC problems, i tested it on stock nimh, lipo, parrallel and series and no prob till now.

    i just sold it as a demo model and that customer is'nt complaining either...

  15. #15
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    69
    Kinda off but on topic- are the summit and merv ESC's different? Im just getting familiar w/ the traxxas line.

  16. #16
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Hartford, IA
    Posts
    89
    nope all the 1/16 scale brushless esc's are the same

  17. #17
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,094
    Quote Originally Posted by stussy2871 View Post
    Kinda off but on topic- are the summit and merv ESC's different? Im just getting familiar w/ the traxxas line.
    This is what has confused me about the talk of the Summit ESC's being bad. They are the same as what comes in the MERV, mini Slash, and Rally cars. I think if ANYTHING Traxxas got a bad batch of components from a outside vendor or something along those lines. The VXL-3m ESC has a decent track record before the mini Summit came out so I dont think it is a design flaw or anything like that.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    where you dont want to be
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    This is what has confused me about the talk of the Summit ESC's being bad. They are the same as what comes in the MERV, mini Slash, and Rally cars. I think if ANYTHING Traxxas got a bad batch of components from a outside vendor or something along those lines. The VXL-3m ESC has a decent track record before the mini Summit came out so I dont think it is a design flaw or anything like that.
    Yeah the esc's are to me some of the best and there waterproof. Who else can say that? Everything can be perfect all the time!
    Buying Monster Trucks Madness Right Now

  19. #19
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    69
    thats why i asked-- Seemed like there was an implied "difference" between the two.. Good tho know that they are in fact the same ESC. Thanks for the answer and i promise not to thread-jack this thread anylonger

  20. #20
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    This is what has confused me about the talk of the Summit ESC's being bad. They are the same as what comes in the MERV, mini Slash, and Rally cars. I think if ANYTHING Traxxas got a bad batch of components from a outside vendor or something along those lines. The VXL-3m ESC has a decent track record before the mini Summit came out so I dont think it is a design flaw or anything like that.
    i agree...my merv esc has not had any troubles. now i just got to get off my butt and send my summit one back,even though its 2 months past the esc warranty date
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

  21. #21
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    200
    No probs at all...knock on wood
    ERBE,EMBE,Emaxx,(3)Slash 4x4,Summit,Summit 1/16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •