RC Champion

Who has a summit with no esc problems ?

with all the post on the troubles with the summits esc suddenly coming to a stop and traxxas techs saying they havent heard of this issue i was wondering how many of you have good esc's ?
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Competitor
    Mine does this, when I realease the trigger it brakes. I just got my truck on Wednesday and thought it was an off setting in the transmitter.
    slash 4x4, 1/16 summit vxl, and an old t maxx 2.5

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyrl1 View Post
    Mine does this, when I realease the trigger it brakes. I just got my truck on Wednesday and thought it was an off setting in the transmitter.
    see this thread :

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...right-words%29
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyrl1 View Post
    what helped me here is turn up the throttle trim till your truck starts to move farward hold it off the ground and when you hear it trying to go foraward back off a hair and this should help ...another words make it so when you just start pulling the trigger the throttle starts almost instantly.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Z....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SWEETZ28 View Post
    what helped me here is turn up the throttle trim till your truck starts to move farward hold it off the ground and when you hear it trying to go foraward back off a hair and this should help ...another words make it so when you just start pulling the trigger the throttle starts almost instantly.
    Hope this helps.
    I tried that and it did not help my esc. I'm glad it worked for you though!

RC Qualifier
    I have one had it about 3 weeks and no problems so far...
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Competitor
    Sounds like doing the merv to summit conversion would fix all these problems.

RC Racer
    I've had mine since November and run it almost every other day and have had no problems. I also switched out the radio equip. to Futaba 3PM-X FASST but worked fine with the stock stuff.

RC Competitor
    Mine works great
    KB rally & 1/16 summit
    94 ford ranger 2.3T

RC poster
    +1 on working great right outta the box.

RC Racer
    Wish I could join the list. Traxxas RMA'd mine yesterday for the same "braking" problem.

RC Qualifier
    I can't join the list. Mine and my Wifes ESC's are shot. I got RMA's and shipped both dead ESC's off today.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Qualifier
    HUH... I have had zero probs with mine so far. Running like a champ on both 2s and 3s ....
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Competitor
    i pulled one out of the box a few weeks ago when i heard about the ESC problems, i tested it on stock nimh, lipo, parrallel and series and no prob till now.

i just sold it as a demo model and that customer is'nt complaining either...

RC Competitor
    Kinda off but on topic- are the summit and merv ESC's different? Im just getting familiar w/ the traxxas line.

RC Competitor
    nope all the 1/16 scale brushless esc's are the same

Quote Originally Posted by stussy2871 View Post
    Kinda off but on topic- are the summit and merv ESC's different? Im just getting familiar w/ the traxxas line.
    This is what has confused me about the talk of the Summit ESC's being bad. They are the same as what comes in the MERV, mini Slash, and Rally cars. I think if ANYTHING Traxxas got a bad batch of components from a outside vendor or something along those lines. The VXL-3m ESC has a decent track record before the mini Summit came out so I dont think it is a design flaw or anything like that.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    This is what has confused me about the talk of the Summit ESC's being bad. They are the same as what comes in the MERV, mini Slash, and Rally cars. I think if ANYTHING Traxxas got a bad batch of components from a outside vendor or something along those lines. The VXL-3m ESC has a decent track record before the mini Summit came out so I dont think it is a design flaw or anything like that.
    Yeah the esc's are to me some of the best and there waterproof. Who else can say that? Everything can be perfect all the time!
    Buying Monster Trucks Madness Right Now

RC Competitor
    thats why i asked-- Seemed like there was an implied "difference" between the two.. Good tho know that they are in fact the same ESC. Thanks for the answer and i promise not to thread-jack this thread anylonger

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    i agree...my merv esc has not had any troubles. now i just got to get off my butt and send my summit one back,even though its 2 months past the esc warranty date
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Racer
    No probs at all...knock on wood
    ERBE,EMBE,Emaxx,(3)Slash 4x4,Summit,Summit 1/16