RC Competitor

Question Wanna get lipos?

I want to get lipos but i dont have a clue what i would need and what charger to get.....it seems like you have to be a electrical engineer to charge one of these things.....can someone send me a link of a good cheap charger and a good 2s lipo?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    check your inbox sent you a pm.

RC Competitor
    Use the Search function of forums Link <---click me

RC Competitor
    I just got the Thunder ac6 for 50bux with lipo safe bag. I love it

RC Competitor
    thats what i just ordered! i ordered mine from hobbypartz.com for 42 bucks and the bag was 5 bucks couldnt pass up that deal....and i just picked up two spc 2s 2300mah lipos for 50 bucks for both....kinda pricey but heard their really good lipos....im new to them so will see how they are if they live up to their hype

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGOD1223 View Post
    and i just picked up two xxx 2s 2300mah lipos for 50 bucks for both....kinda pricey but heard their really good lipos....im new to them so will see how they are if they live up to their hype
    Must have bought them from a dealer off Ebay.
    Last edited by Jakey; 01-20-2011 at 09:35 PM.

RC Competitor
    im Still waiting till spc gets them back in stock.... I hope its soon

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    Must have bought them from a dealer off Ebay.
    Yess i sure did!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    If your gonna get lipos for your mini... i strongly suggest the SPC batteries and I strongly suggest going with the Big Wire Upgrade option they have. I have 2 3S pack and 2 2S packs and they are just excellent batteries. Honestly, for the price, they are very competitive against ANY other mini pack including the HK versions. Much better deal than the Duratrax, better capacity than the venoms and way higher quality than anything over seas. Just my opinion, but seriously, if your not willing to spend a few extra bucks (litearlly, maybe $5 or so) to get a quality SPC pack VS something with no customer service... thats just sad.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just curious, why do you need customer service on a batt pack? I have lipo packs never had to call customer service. Everyone has his own preferences on brands it does not mean others are bad just because they come from HK or are cheaper.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 01-21-2011 at 10:55 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Lipo batteries can and do fail... as do all batteries. If one cell goes bad (which does happen) if a connector comes loose or a solder joint comes apart... any of these things could require customer service. Im not saying the cheaper packs are bad, im just saying for the few dollars more you would need to spend to get a pack that DOES have high end customer service and an excellent warranty, it would only take one time to have that extra cost pay for itself.
    Also, since we cant discuss HOW to use our lipos here on the forums, someone just getting into lipos could benefit greatly from being able to call up a company like SPC or Venom and ask questions about to to use and care for their packs. Something you wont get from a lipo bought overseas.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ