Thread: Right rear axle

RC Racer

Right rear axle

Any ideas on why the only side that I constantly snap is on the right rear!!!Obv its putting almost 1/3 power to just that one wheel or something! Its getting annoying even after getting the x version that Traxxas was nice enough to send me but I cant spend 50 bucks a month just on the axles!

RC Qualifier
    I think thiker fluid in diff 50K could help.
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by samintrepid View Post
    I think thiker fluid in diff 50K could help.
    At least! try a 60/40 mix of 100k/50k..respectively
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Racer
    ok well I bought diff fluid and im going to take the rear off now while watching hockey/bball! Any suggestions on the removal/cleaning and placing the fluids back in that would help me out as ive never done this before?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pedemon954 View Post
    ok well I bought diff fluid and im going to take the rear off now while watching hockey/bball! Any suggestions on the removal/cleaning and placing the fluids back in that would help me out as ive never done this before?
    just follow the manual on the removal procedures.. be careful of the rubber gasket that seals the diff. pull the spider gears out and clean everything real good. Use brake cleaner or some kind of parts cleaner.. even gas if that is all you got but only on metal not the gaskets or o-rings. Do not mix the stock grease w/ the diff fluid. re-install the spider gears and fill her up 3/4 way or a tad more. then prop it up for a few minutes to let the thick fluid settle. Line up the gasket on the diff case not the gear, then gently place the gear where it belongs (you'll notice the slots) then tighten it up carefully and evenly. Dont just crank one screw down, but instead move across them like torque-in down lug nuts. Not a big deal! just do it!.. Live and learn! And reap the benifits!
    Last edited by beetroot72; 01-19-2011 at 08:01 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Start off with a properly set slipper. From there I would look at 10k max in a diff but something more like 5k will allow the diff to unspool quicker and transfer the power to the other wheel. Another thing is make sure you're finger is off the throttle when you land to avoid a lot of the shock.

RC Qualifier
    5 or 10k is for racers w/ good grip on a sticky track. 50-100k is for bashers in sloppy/slippy loose conditions. W/ thinner fluid the tire without traction will spin like crazy and when it catches..Pop goes the axle. With thicker fluid they will have the tendency to spin more evenly and reduce the full power stress on one wheel.

Runnin 3s on a brushless system with a low viscosity diff will snap axles like crazy!
    Last edited by beetroot72; 01-19-2011 at 08:09 PM.

RC Racer
    awesome!!!!Thank you very much beetroot!

RC Racer
    **** i always brake stuff from the rear right side too lol c hubs a arms

RC Qualifier
    Reminds me of the tc3 I used to have. There is only one part I broke and i broke it numerous times, the left rear a arm