RC Enthusiast

Stampede died today

I just get outside and i put her down do a lap and it acts like the battery died so i put it on the charger its still showing charged the motor barley turns and such but the steering servo has all the power in the world what could have went wrong im new with these things and i wanted an opinion before i tear it apart and it never works again

RC Racer
    Sounds like maybe the motor locked up an ceased!

RC Enthusiast
    moves really slow if at all what could cause this?

Start with the basics, check all the connectors, from the motor to the ESC and ESC to receiver.

Make sure your gear mesh and slipper are correct.

Recalibrate the radio to the ESC (instructions in manual) and make sure the receiver is bound to the right transmitter.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    tore the whole rear end and motor out than took ur advice on the reprogramming and bam full power now time to figure out how to put it all back together lol.. thanks for the help that was so stupid of me not to think to reprogram it\

OKAY now the esc keeps shutting off by its self?
    Last edited by homeboyjames; 01-19-2011 at 07:00 PM.

RC Champion
    send it in. There is always defective electronics and it is unavoidable. The only trouble shooting I can think of is reset it AGAIN, or see if the button is sticky.
    So I taped my hamster to the Pede..

RC Enthusiast
    talked to traxxas we got it running again at full speed did a reset 3 times and it finally works he said if i have any more issues with it they will mail me a new one

RC Enthusiast
    well just something else to check that happens to people alot when their esc cuts out early is making sure that the esc is in the right mode for the battery
    aka green for lipo
    and red for the stock nimh
    as i recall they come in lipo (green) out of the box causing the 7 cell it comes with to cut out and not give you your full runtime

RC Enthusiast
    thanks i checked mine it was read cause i called traxxas the first day i was scared cause it was red i figured it ment stop and i left the instructions at work so when i got back to work and read them i found that out. but everything has been working right only thing i can think of is the wife was out there with her 49mhz jeep and it interfeared or the esc didnt like me lol thanks for the help guys glad its fixed and im back to bashing in the snow