RC Qualifier

Which part did I break?

I tried looking through the exploded diagrams, but they are a little tough. Can anyone help tell me what part i broke and let me know if it can be replaced? The pic is on the underside, between the rear wheels and the center chassis. The back wheels have no support now . If the pic isnt big enough, let me know, ill try and find somewhere that will let me upload it. I'd appreciate it, thanks!

Last edited by varunaX; 01-19-2011 at 12:18 PM.

RC Qualifier
    links above got broken. bigger pics here. Im thinking its the chassis (?)

Looks like it's time for a new chassis and set of rear bulkheads. I would highly recommend a rear chassis brace...can be made with a stock pushrod running from your rear body mount to the rear shock mount. If you do a search you'll find a few threads on this.

Here's a pic of mine...

This is a converted E-Revo but will work the same with a true E-Revo as well.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-19-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    Vantage/MMM/1515 Revo
    MMM/1518 Revo
    T-Maxx 3.3

RC Qualifier
    dynamite :-(, and im guessing a chassis replacement is not the funnest thing to do, is it?

Just think...you'll get to know your truck that much better. But, seriously, take your time and you'll be fine. It won't be too tough...just take off one item at a time and install it on the new chassis.
    Vantage/MMM/1515 Revo
    MMM/1518 Revo
    T-Maxx 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by varunaX View Post
    dynamite :-(, and im guessing a chassis replacement is not the funnest thing to do, is it?
    i had to replace the front bulkheads on my erevo and i tell ya once you start doing it its fun, just take your time and have fun.
    plus when you brake stuff in the future youll know all about your rc.

RC Qualifier
    ok thanks fellas. what about the rear bulkheads, are those difficult to install?

RC Qualifier
    ok thanks fellas. what about the rear bulkheads, are those difficult to install?
    Easier than the front. No issues.

RC Qualifier
    ajb, can you elaborate abit more about your push rod mod? im a noob. does the rod come with the truck? its the red bar that you are screwing correct?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The rod doesnt come with the truck- he just used a spare he had, or buy one from ebay.

It is indeed the red one ( since that isnt present on a stock truck )- there are more pics here:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...its-finished!-)

posts 2 & 16.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Qualifier
    good pics thanks. before you get mad:P , i have tried to understand. but where do you get the plate from that you attach the rod near the shocks?

RC poster
    ajb! if you physically show me this then i hope i will tell you the part that you broke. if you dont mind. please think about at my suggestion it will really work dear
    www.twincitiesautoservice.com

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    good pics thanks. before you get mad:P , i have tried to understand. but where do you get the plate from that you attach the rod near the shocks?
    I run tekno sways which give a plate between the shock mounts to mount the front pivot ball screw to, but manne and others running traxxas bars make a plate out of carbon fibre or ali. I have fitted mine with a long enough screw to thread into the chassis to provide extra strength.
    You can always make your own little T shaped plate to mount over the rear shock tower, that will give you a spot to attach the rod at that end. I think ajb has mounted his directly to the tower though by drilling a hole between where the shocks mount- depends on the exact length of the turnbuckle I guess..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Racer
    kinda sucks when u make your own and it doesnt fit lol

RC Qualifier
    Haha wow, this brings back memories. This was the very first post I ever made at traxxas.com after I broke my very first part on my very first car. I'm pretty sure I've broken and bout 100's of parts since that fateful day.
    But listen, having that chassis break on me was the single greatest thing that ever happened to me , because having to dismantle a 800$ toy and put it back together with litterally zero experience using the hexes in the traxxas bag made me learn more about my car in one day than probably I would have in years. I'm sure anyone who's done a chassis replacement would agree