RC Competitor

Question How can I lower the body of my pede 4x4 and what do i need?

the title says it all. I like the lowered body look and have finally decided to do the mod but I need some tips.

thanks
    pede 4x4, mrev vxl, slash 4x4 Ultimate

RC Champion
    I think you can just by some different body mounts like those from a slash 4x4 and replace the pede ones. You will need to drill new holes though.
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Champion
    remove your stock body posts and use the stock battery posts from most traxxas rc's, screw them through the mounts and put nuts on the back of them. pics

Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    remove your stock body posts and use the stock battery posts from most traxxas rc's, screw them through the mounts and put nuts on the back of them. pics

what size nut did you use?

RC Qualifier
    I did the same thing.. I had the nuts in my box.. same ones that fit the turnbuckle screws I think.
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Racer
    yeah its the nut that fits the standard screw which i think is 3mm, as for the posts you can get the battery hold down for the rustler it comes with 2 or 4 posts i can't remember but its cheaper then the slash one and comes with more!

RC Enthusiast
    yeah i ran to the hobby store and got 4 mounts and 4 4mm screws i think the day after i bought the truck cheap mod that makes it look a little better

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pablokillla18 View Post
    what size nut did you use?
    3mm nylon locking nuts, traxxas part 2745 comes with 12 for 2$

traxxas part 3627X is the stock battery hold down kit, it comes with two of the metal battery posts for 5$

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post

Hey apex, I did this mod as well. However I noticed I had to trim off the little notches that the original body posts sat on, in order for the metal posts to sit flat. Did you have to do this as well?

RC Champion
    yes those had to be removed for the metal posts to fit, but i didn't have any pics of the before and after of the removal. i didn't want to confuse any one. if you have pics please post them for everyone else.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Jetlag explains this really well if you don't understand it by now!
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Competitor
    cool. thanks guys i will do that this weekend.
    pede 4x4, mrev vxl, slash 4x4 Ultimate

RC Enthusiast
    yup costed me like 8 bucks from the hobby shop and i got diff fluid which was 3.99 so all really only a 4 doller mod that makes it look nice

RC Racer
    doing the mod too i hope it looks better lowered

RC Qualifier
    hmmm.. this looks nicer for sure... I am thinking about doing this and also using the velcro mod for easy on and off of the body... there should be enough cover on the sides for it to hold.. maybe.

RC poster
    Hey guys. I did this Mod last night and really like the way it looks more than stock. It was super simple.

With that said, I noticed that my 2x4 VXL body no longer fits without trimming the rear of it to clear the wheelie bar bracket. Just take that into consideration.

Good news is since no parts are altered in doing this....if it turns out to be problem.....10 minutes later you can revert back to stock with no worries. In my opinion do it and don't look back. Looks a little more race oriented, and less monster truck, but with all the same clearance over the bigger stuff.
    Last edited by Geerhed21; 01-21-2011 at 10:19 AM.
    Revo 3.3
    Stampede 4x4
    Stampede VXL

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Ummmm... how bout some PICS....

Heres a few pics of my pede with the bodies lowered. I dont run the stock body but the same visual upgrade applies to these 2 also:

I did a different rear mount setup... similar idea but I removed the rear body mount completely and just threaded the metal battery hold down posts into the holes for the body post mount screws. This was the lowest possibly mount I could come up with for the rear and helps both bodies sit level with the front. It also helped with mounting the ST body as it needed a more central mounting point.

Ive got a Raptor body to paint up this weekend. Ill be using the same mounts you see here so all the bodies are interchangeable with no adjustments.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ