RC poster

wheels and tires

New to the RC world and just bought a Stampede VXL 4x4. Looking for new tires and wheels. What will fit because it seems the stock talons are horrible. Also what are some recommended upgrades that should be done. I heard about the RPM bumper and also a aluminum idle gear. Anything else would be greatly appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    Al gears are steel except the spur..but that is no worry. The alum slipper bearing adapter is a must have. The RPM slash bumper is gr8. The Masher 2000 are a sweet bashing tire... Just order another set of the cheap 2.8 stock rims (they look pretty cool), trim the bead off the 2.2 mashers and glue em up! But if you haven't done so already, your first upgrade should be to Lipo batteries! You'll end up doing it eventually, so ya might as well start enjoying it now!
    Here's a awesome upgrade post.. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...a-Stampede-4x4
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC poster
    Thanks for your response, I am getting Lipos this week and a good charger. Ia will check out the slipper bearing and the Masher tires.

RC Racer
    The stock talons are not terrible its just that everybody has different driving conditions. Some people need more grip for loose dirt or snow etc. I think the stock tires work great and I will put $ into other things until I "need" new tires.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan93civic View Post
    The stock talons are not terrible its just that everybody has different driving conditions. Some people need more grip for loose dirt or snow etc. I think the stock tires work great and I will put $ into other things until I "need" new tires.
    I like them for street and tighter clay/dirt paths...They certainly have their purpose!(kinda free) But are one of at least three types of tires to have on hand. And realistically..I don't know of anyone who would replace them w/ the same tire once worn out... well except me..I won a new/used set on ebay for 12 bucks once. The rims were worth that alone!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Enthusiast
    What I did was to install a 17mm hub adapter, and now run 1/8 scale wheels and tires. There is a wide selection to choose from in that world.