Thread: Which Mamba?

RC Qualifier

Question Which Mamba?

I've started packing some coin away for a castle combo.. My truck is full of melted snow an a daily basis so there is no hurry to put one in.. but when the time comes I'd like the best for my bashing style.. I'm Never on a track. Usually empty lots where a home will be built. Dozer paths, mounds of dirt, weedy lots, etc. Also lots of front yard bashing.. streets/ramps, etc..
    Any suggestions will be gr8ly appreciated and considered!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Racer
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LNAETU
    This is supposed to be a perfect setup for the stampede and slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan93civic View Post
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LNAETU
    This is supposed to be a perfect setup for the stampede and slash 4x4
    +1 for the mamba max pro 2400kv perfect for this truck, i will install in mine tommorow if i receive in the mail !
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    beetroot, are you using 2s batts only? The sidewinder 3800 would be a better fit for your batts, and can be had for about ½ the price of the mmp 2400 combo. If you use 3s also, then the mmp 2400 combo will handle the extra voltage much better...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    beetroot, are you using 2s batts only? The sidewinder 3800 would be a better fit for your batts, and can be had for about ½ the price of the mmp 2400 combo. If you use 3s also, then the mmp 2400 combo will handle the extra voltage much better...
    Mostly 3s in the 4x4.. I have a 2s as a spare, but I've gotten used to daily bashing w/ my maxamps 3s which was supposed to be for the occasional speed bashing. I'm certainly giving that Velineon combo a good beating.. and she's taking it quite well but it's packed w/ snow within seconds of bashing. I'm afraid come spring/summer it will be a different story.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by samintrepid View Post
    +1 for the mamba max pro 2400kv perfect for this truck, i will install in mine tommorow if i receive in the mail !
    +5 on this system!! I plan on getting this same combo as soon as i get my Velineon back from the shop(traxxas) this is more of what i'm looking for! theres alot more power and it will run much cooler then the stock plus it can handle 6s which i might do for speed runs, but for bashing i am the same as you beet, so i think this system would suit your driving style well!! Just my 2cents
    oh and i seen this system for 189 at a different site i'll look for it and post the link!!
    Last edited by P'noRcer; 01-18-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: adding Price

RC Qualifier
    MMP 2400 description says "rated for 4s maximum input". But in the specs it says "2s-6s lipo"
    So which one is it?

RC Racer
    the esc is rated 2s-6s and the motor is 2s-4s!
    And for my other post i tried to Edit it but i was to late!
    the combo i was talking about was cheaper then the 189 i said, i just miss worded it! and i had to do a system restore this morning so i can't find the site i was talking about and its drivin me nutz! lol i've been looking for like 2hours!! :$
    as for the tower combo right now it has free shipping so that makes up for the higher cost anyhow!
    Last edited by P'noRcer; 01-18-2011 at 12:03 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I think I have a promo email @ home for $20 bucks off a purchase @ tower.. Not sure. But I'm getting itchy! The more I think about it... something tells me I'll have one on its way b4 the week is over!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by beetroot72 View Post
    I think I have a promo email @ home for $20 bucks off a purchase @ tower.. Not sure. But I'm getting itchy! The more I think about it... something tells me I'll have one on its way b4 the week is over!
    lol i think i had the same one but i deleted it on accident! all well! i think they'll send me another one soon!

RC Qualifier
    here ya go:
    Save $20.00 Instantly Off Your $149 Order
    Hurry, order today and save $20.00. Place at least a $149 order through January 31 and we'll take $20.00 off the total. All you have to do to claim your savings is click on ad number 014EV and it will be placed in your shopping cart.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by skeppley View Post
    here ya go:
    Save $20.00 Instantly Off Your $149 Order
    Hurry, order today and save $20.00. Place at least a $149 order through January 31 and we'll take $20.00 off the total. All you have to do to claim your savings is click on ad number 014EV and it will be placed in your shopping cart.
    Already got home, found the email, and ordered.. $169.00 out the door! I'm so bad!.. So much for "saving to buy it"..now I gotta save to pay for it! I can't even use it till spring!..without risk that is. Now I gotta save for a 4s =)

RC Qualifier
    LOL, most of us are the same way

Does the stampede 4x4 have the room for the length of this motor, or do you have to move a few things around
    The slash 4x4 can fit tons of bigger motors in there with little problems.

RC Racer
    i believe castle is having a clearance sale on motors escs you should check it out

RC Racer
    I want one now too :-D

RC Racer
    This is a must see for enormous laughter on waterproofing mmp!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9tbE1MdS9A

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=skeppley;4681210]Does the stampede 4x4 have the room for the length of this motor, or do you have to move a few things around QUOTE]

Tht's a good question.. I guess I'll find out
    Wonder how the motor mounts as well.

Any insight or experience out there?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by skeppley View Post
    LOL, most of us are the same way

Does the stampede 4x4 have the room for the length of this motor, or do you have to move a few things around
    The slash 4x4 can fit tons of bigger motors in there with little problems.
    The 2650kv have 68 mm and you do dremel the esc mount and the 1415 have 70mm long.
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C