RC poster

ERBE KIT?? want to build my own

I am looking for any version of E-Revo that is not RTR. I want to build my own truck but all I can find is RTR. What gives? I have not raced a truck in many years and I come back to find that you can not build a kit anymore.

Does anyone know where I can buy a E-Revo Kit?
    Is Traxxas planning on making a kit?

thanks for any help

RC Champion
    there is no kit and it does not look like one is planned
    Slightly Addicted

RC poster
    Download the exploded view. Buy the parts off of ebay from the chop shops. Thats how I built mine. If your patient you can build a roller for less than $200.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Buy an rtr, dismantle it, rebuild it by looking at the exploded views- you can swap in any upgrade parts when you start rebuilding..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vitalics View Post
    Download the exploded view. Buy the parts off of ebay from the chop shops. Thats how I built mine. If your patient you can build a roller for less than $200.
    @vitalics Wow! That is really cool if you did that but didn't it take a long time to get all the parts from all the different sources? Or does one source sell like 90% of the parts and you found the rest easy?

RC Qualifier
    Yeah it would be nice if a ERBE kit was available.

If you drive a MT "correctly" you will end up with your fingers in almost every part, thereby effectively re-building your ride every so often. That's not enough?
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    If you drive a MT "correctly" you will end up with your fingers in almost every part, thereby effectively re-building your ride every so often. That's not enough?
    Or just do like me and get all losi drive line strip it when it first arrives and put the KIT back together.

RC Qualifier
    Just buy one and go run it on 6s, you'll be tearing it down to repair the dead diffs in no time

I have seen many that snag all of the parts on ebay and build one with your choice of upgrades from the get go. If you read through some of the build threads on here most will say it would have been cheaper to just buy a rtr- even at retail. I guess if you know how to play the bay you can do it cheaper but I myself hardly ever win the great deals on ebay- it is possible though.
    Last edited by FreakyT333; 01-16-2011 at 10:59 PM.
    That's Just How I Roll o==o>

RC Champion
    I have two E-revos and I feel like I have build them my self :-)

lookin back at the times everything was spread all over my table in the hobbyroom

work good for me to when it comes to the feeling that I have built it my self :-)
    Slightly Addicted