Thread: That's My Boy!

RC Qualifier

Wink That's My Boy!

Sorry, get out your reading glasses!
    The other day my boy was bashing his 2x4 and he yells "DAD!, It stopped!" I quickly saw that the battery was unplugged and it's hold down bar was cracked (xl-5 model w/bar and 2 clips), which I thought was strange but I have xtra's so I plugged him back in and clipped the batt back down without removing the body. So tonight I'm working on his 2x4 pede. He's almost 7 (spoiled i know) =) The thing started out as an xl-5 but I built it into a vxl for him. He runs a 5000mah 20c 2s venom lipo.. I figured I'd re-lube the gearing tonight cause it's been a while and we've been bashing in slushy/sandy/dirty conditions. So while watching that new "piranah" movie I took the whole rear end off, did my thing, and put it back together. I figured I'd take her out for a spin.....Didn't even make it out of the garage when I noticed the steering was lame/sluggish, etc.. Upon closer inspection I saw the steering servo case is cracked off it's mounts, the front bulkhead is cracked @ one of the mounts and the chassis is cracked @ both points the bulkhead connects to it. I didn't even notice it while I was working on the rear! and if yo've seen the new Piranah movie you wouldn't blame me!...The car is Totally Wrecked BAD! I played it cool and asked him what he hit the other day. He said "Remember? The curb?.. Turns out he didn't just lose a battery in a bad flip but smacked a curb probably doing 40!.... That's my boy!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Racer
    A proud dad for sure :P
    Parts are cheap...glory lasts forever.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Haha, I know your sad (yeah right, you get new parts) lol.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC poster
    My 5 yr old son did the exact same thing except he snapped the front of the chassis completely off just after the steering servo, broke shock tower, broke a-arms, pins, etc...! couldn't get mad at him though, it's part of the gig!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand National View Post
    Haha, I know your sad (yeah right, you get new parts) lol.
    Chassis = $12
    Bulkhead = Have a spare
    Servo = $18
    xtra servo case = $6

Watching my boy bash his pede... Priceless!

RC Racer
    Haha!! Good one
    Parts are cheap...glory lasts forever.

RC Competitor
    sounds like me but im 12

RC Racer
    D'oh! But, it happens. We want them to drive well but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. Fix him up and send him out again. Just remind him that hitting curbs is not the best driving style.
    Ima cwboy a steel hrse I ride.Wanted dead or alive

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like fun! lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by OSWHollowpoint View Post
    D'oh! But, it happens. We want them to drive well but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. Fix him up and send him out again. Just remind him that hitting curbs is not the best driving style.
    Yeah.. I knew when I gave him the pede I'd be paying for it...I make him throw a little of his cash (b-day,xmas, etc) in every now and then. Every day when he gets off the bus he says "dad?, can we go bash our trucks?".. How could I say no to that?

RC Champion
    I know the feelings. It's a great feeling watching your kids do some crazy cool stunts and wreck every now and then.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I just had the same experience with my 7 year old. I've had him on training mode for awhile and now let him run at 100% (only after we got an RPM bumper). Last night he's out running it, looks at the neighbor's window to make sure they are watching, (show off) and smacks it full speed into my garbage can. RPM bumper shattered. Cause he took his eyes off of his pede to show off, he's punished to 50% again.