RC Qualifier

stampede 4x4 durability vs. slash 4x4?

So does the stampede 4x4's durability measure up to the slash 4x4? I ve read some threads here about the stampede and there seems to be more broken axles than you would find in a slash 4x4.

Seems mostly because it has heavier tires and rims. From my experience, heavier tires and rims usually mean more wear on the driveline and more prone to breakage in the axles and bending?

I got a new Stampede 4x4 and haven't even played with it yet! (busy with work)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nissanguy8 View Post

I got a new Stampede 4x4 and haven't even played with it yet! (busy with work)
    i'll play with it for you just to let you know how your axles are!! lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    They are pretty much the same in terms of durability. The Slash and Stampede both have axle problems (even though Traxxas said they beefed up the Stampede axles). You will most likely break axles with stock rims, I did, a bunch . Just make sure you have extra axles on hand, and replace them as they brake. I've had a ton of fun with this truck the past few weeks, it's my most driven model, and I won't ever sell it .
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Champion
    the slash 4x4 is going to be more durable because of its big body and big bumpers but other than that they are the same in durability
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Champion
    The true test is taking it to the skate park!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I think in terms of drive train, there is no reason to think one would be more durable over the other. The smaller tires on the slash may be easier on the axles but its heavier and longer as well so that may make up for it. Lots of guys are running MT style slash 4X4 setups so if those trucks arent falling apart I cant imagine the Pede being any less sturdy.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I have beat the living Snot out of my 4x4 pede over the last week on 3s lipo! I have not broken a thing! I put BB shock caps, slash front bumper, alum cast/carriers, and a KHZ mount b4 it even saw the pavement. When and if the arms break I'll drop the rpm's in but as far as I can tell this truck is an ultimate BASHER!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Qualifier
    I never broke one axle on my 4x4 slash and ran on both 2 and 3s. Maybe its the way people are applying the throttle that is breaking the axles.

RC Racer
    The only thing I've had issue's with (beside the motor &Esc) is that this truck doesn't like sand to much it gets into all the stuff its not supposed to. lol but its ok traxxas fixes it all if something goes wrong( well if its not my fault anyhow)...

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nissanguy8 View Post
    ... Maybe its the way people are applying the throttle that is breaking the axles.
    Its a Pede lol, your supposed to floor it!