RC Enthusiast

1/8 buggy wheels

hello.
    anyone have tried to use 17 mmīs adapters like aka ones with 1/8 buggy wheels and tires?
    i am curious how it will handle the stampede with these wheels..
    pictures would be nice too!!

regards

RC Competitor
    ya that would be nice to see heck better to have lets see som pic
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit

RC Racer
    yeah you can use them! AKAs' work good i don't have any picture but thats what i run! it makes this thing look like a SICK RUSTY! and it handles great with it lowered to!

RC poster
    short video in the sticky on top of mine in the snow

RC Enthusiast
    i guess i will use this wheels too because are easier to find here in portugal and i have already alot of them in stock!!

thankīs

RC Racer
    pics pics pics :-D

Superjet34
    Quote Originally Posted by trx-pt View Post
    hello.
    anyone have tried to use 17 mmīs adapters like aka ones with 1/8 buggy wheels and tires?
    i am curious how it will handle the stampede with these wheels..
    pictures would be nice too!!

regards
    Just FYI, Traxxas makes the 17mm Adapters as well. The part # is 6856x they started shipping this week.

RC Enthusiast
    This is something I've done:

Those are 1/8th truggy wheels, and it doesn't seem to hamper performance, even with the added mass. BTW, if you go this route, also invest $20 in a wheel balancing pole. At this size, wheel balancing will give you much better performance.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Thyme View Post

Those are 1/8th truggy wheels, and it doesn't seem to hamper performance, even with the added mass. BTW, if you go this route, also invest $20 in a wheel balancing pole. At this size, wheel balancing will give you much better performance.
    i think buggy wheels are perfect for stampede or even slash 4x4 wheels should fit and run good too, but truggy wheels donīt seem so good. it give a oversize look and i think for a track they should not perform well...

thankīs for picture anyway!!

RC Racer
    I goofed around with my pede with the aka's and truggy wheels / tires. I actually think it looks pretty cool, and for a week I never had a problem with axles. I since went back to the Masher 2.2 on rpm offsets.

I have buggy tires for indoor clay racing with the suspension slammed down. real fun little "truggy".

MBX6T TEKIN RX8 2000 4s
    Gmade R1 3s
    4x4 Pede

RC Enthusiast
    it is a real good truck and because is low weight it can easly work with a normal 1/10 size motor.
    i donīt have mine finish but i will use buggy wheels and vxl esc with a robitronic 10.5 4500kv sensored motor on 2s..
    i think it should be a rocket and because it will work with sensor it will be linear in speed and acelaration.

RC Racer
    Awesome thanks for the pics!!!What is the best terrain that buggy wheels work on?

RC Enthusiast
    it depend on what tires you will use but i have bow tie for track and badlanda for general bashing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Thyme View Post

That looks cool!
    do you have any pictures with the dody on?
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post
    That looks cool!
    do you have any pictures with the dody on?
    Here's with the stock body:

I am painting a Ford Raptor body now, which is wider....probably short course width. I'll have to really enlarge the wheel cutouts to use these wheels. But once the body is done, I'll post a pic with stock tires, buggy tires, and then truggy tires....probably enlarging the wheel wells with each pic.

RC Enthusiast
    ok, thankīs and lets see the photos for compare the different set of tires how they fit and look!

RC Enthusiast
    I didn't take the hub adapters off to go back to stock tires....but I figure you all know how it looks with stock shocks.

Here is a pic with buggy tires and a wide format Ford Raptor body:

And the same setup with truggy tires:

I like the oversized wheels/tires, and the electronics handle it no sweat.

RC Enthusiast
    with those buggy tires and a 1/10 stadium truck body would be a killer looking truck!