Thread: New to Traxxas

RC poster

New to Traxxas

Hello to all, new to Traxxas but thought I could share some thoughts as I've raced RC for too many years to admit. Raced a lot of things to be sure. Love the new Block for so many reasons not the least of which is the package for the price. As I raced the Tamiya series for years and have been one of their best customers for over 30 years. None of this adoration has ever benefitted me in the least, mind you, but I digress. I mention this only because I was pleased to find many parts in the tool box were cross over and I was able to detail my new Block right away. I offer in turn some suggestions that might help some with a smoother trainning time. First suggestion is to wipe down your new pre-painted rally with a microfiber cloth to help rid you of air bubbles, oil and debris which will hinder the application of stickers and lead to their loosening and, inevitably removal. Use an additional rubber gasket in addition to the nice body mounts provided by Traxxas. This will secure a snugger body fit which will prevent the vibration associated with all the body pins being lost. I opened my wholes just a bit with my Dremel to allow some perfectly matching green pins I had in the collection which in addition have a wider bend at the end. Tamiya aluminum hub carriers and lock nuts both fit nicely and the carriers are a little deeper which add to your tracking width without interfering with body wheel wells. Big benefit was I could use all those trick wheels and tires I've collected . HPI, Tamiya, Aluminum IGs. All fit nicely and worked for varying types of performance enhancement. Even Tamiyas blocked rally rubber were killer in the small amount of snow this morning, though I had to go back to the stock carriers as they were a hair too wide and rubbed the back of the wells a tad. Can't wait to see if they make some of their aluminum parts in green or even blue. I can already see I can use some other brands there as well for performance sake. For now, out of the box, it's impressive. Traxxas tells me eventually, this body will be available unpainted. I would love to attach some pics here of my car in various wheel set ups. How to I get permission for that?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    No permission needed for pics. You just need to host them on a site like photobucket and use the direct link posting method.

If you have any new wheel/tire combos that arent already listed or pictured, you should list and post pics of them in the wheel and tire thread... there are lots of them listed there already. Also, there are TONS of aftermarket parts, pretty much the entire car can be built using aftermarket aluminum, plastic (stronger) or carbon fibre parts. One of the best things about owning a traxxas product is the sheer number of upgrade parts you can buy from so many companies.

Welcome to the addiction, if you have any questions about the car or things you might want to look at upgrading right off the bad, feel free to ask... were always happy to help.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    At the bottom of post options states- I DO NOT have permission for attachments?

RC Competitor
    Welcome I love my kb rally, already need a new body for it though I feel bad on how scratched it is lol. Axial makes green aluminum push/tie rods I'm looking into getting some I snapped a rear tie rod car hit a rock lost control in slammed into a curb sad day
    KB rally & 1/16 summit
    94 ford ranger 2.3T

RC poster
    Axial? Another company I'm not framiliar with. Have any other manufacturers I might search for parts? As I said, Traxxas customer service mentioned it might not be long before our body is available, unpainted. That will be fun. Can you give me a tip on how to hook up for pics dirfectly attached off my computer? I belong to too many forums not to see that's what they intended. Thanks

RC Competitor
    If you make an account on photobucket and upload your pics to it then copy the image code and paste it here in a post the pic should so up like this. The T-bone rear bumper/skidplate looks like a good investment I will most likely be getting that aswell. And RPM makes a bunch of parts
    Last edited by Mike_C; 01-12-2011 at 09:17 PM.
    KB rally & 1/16 summit
    94 ford ranger 2.3T

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyjack View Post
    At the bottom of post options states- I DO NOT have permission for attachments?
    That's because you are new and you have to get your email veryfied before posting contact the admin of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsyjack View Post
    Can you give me a tip on how to hook up for pics dirfectly attached off my computer? I belong to too many forums not to see that's what they intended. Thanks
    Can't do that has to be through one of the pic hosting sites mentioned.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-13-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Im pretty sure you can post links to pics without being approved by a mod... but you can NOT directly host pics from your computer.

Other companies that make Rally parts are:
    -Integy
    -Hot Racing
    -RPM
    -GH Racing
    -GPM
    -Tbone

and still others... my brain isnt working right now. Ebay, Towerhobbies, liquid RC and lots of other sites will sell these parts as well... I get alot of my rally parts from both e-bay and Tower...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ