RC Enthusiast

Dual Power Batteries or single lipo

Which would be better?
    I got 2 batteries, and they are installed in each compartment. Car runs fine (although crazy!) but wondered about LiPO?

Also wondered if having just a single LiPo against a dual setup may alter the cars handling, due to more weight on one side of the car?

Thoughts please would be appreciated and what type of LiPo could I get, as I am guessing I cannot run 2 LiPO at the same time as this may cause issues?
    Thank you

Simon

RC Racer
    Sure the handling would change without the weight evenly distributed but I couldn't venture to say if it would really be a big deal or not. I know they make 1s Lipos and they are small and light. Maybe 2 of those guys ran in series would work for you and still keep the car under the recommended 2-3s rating while keeping the weight down and evenly distributed.
    Two 1s Lipos in series = 2s lipo but will keep the same "C" rating as listed on each battery.

See diagram here
    http://traxxas.com/support/Dual-Batteries-116-Models

RC Racer
    I will add for simplicity as a second option.. Find the lightest 2s battery you can find, weigh it and then put something in the spare battery compartment that weighs the same to keep the weight evenly distributed..

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you for this and the link Very helpful