Thread: Battery Options

RC Qualifier
    I dont have any issues fitting my venom 3s 4000MAH 20c or my ******* 5000mah 20c batteries. They are a little loose so i use the foam pad that came with the truck to wedge them in the battery compartment.

RC poster

Battery Options

I'm new to RC trucks and I'm trying to determine how best to accommodate dfferent size batteries in my Stampede 4 x 4.

In addition to the battery that came with the truck I have two 9.6 volt NiHM packs from Cheap Battery Packs. This pack has two cells on top, and the way they are configured the stock battery hold down won't fit. I also have a 3s lipo with similar issues.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to use the larger batteries in the Stampede?

Pictures would be great.

Thanks!

RC poster
    I have a Thunder Power 5000 mAH 3s battery in the hard case. It fits the box, but it is too tall for the battery hold down bar. So it fits the box, but I have now way of securing it so that it doesn't fly out of the truck.

RC Qualifier
    Did you get both of the straps when you got your truck? There is a dremel mod you can do. Just go under the chassis and cut a slice on both sides of the battery tray and run a velcro lipo strap and you should be good to go. Id do 2 on both sides so i could run 2 straps but thats just me.

RC poster
    I got two battery hold down bars with the truck. Are those the straps you are talking about? If so, neither one works.

I like the velcro idea. Where do I get velcro lipo straps and do you know of any pictures showing the details of this mod?

Thanks for all of your help!

RC Qualifier
    Yes those are the ones im talking about. I did some research for you and it seems like these will work from the specs. Pretty cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/Associated-RC8e-...item2a0cfcd585

Specs on them are:
    11'' long
    .79" wide

RC Racer
    Hope this helps, I used the metal post from the 2wd stampede battery tray expansion kit.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1294692702
    Drive it, Break it, Fix it, Love it, Repeat

RC poster
    Shadow,

Thanks for all of your help. I've ordered the straps and look forward to trying them out!

RC Champion
    Hey guys, when "googling" lipo batteries for the NEW 4x4 Stampede, should I be looking for packs that fit the Slash 4x4 or Stampede packs? Is there a difference?

RC Qualifier
    Most packs will fit except the higher MAH 7000-8000mah. The slash has a longer batt tray.
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together