RC Enthusiast

Cleaning the Slayer

I am still a newbe and I do not get to run my Slayer very often due to my work schedule. Most times my wife has been working on my play days. When I finish running the truck I let it cool then I remove or cover everything that should not get wet and I wash it. Well this time my wife was home and I followed my normal routine. Well it turns out my wife did not like that I was putting the Slayer in the shower and has told me I can no longer do this. What do others here do when they clean their cars or trucks when their wife is home? It would be a real pain to bring the truck in the house to remove and cover everything then take it outside to wash it.
    Last edited by hharvey; 01-09-2011 at 09:30 PM.

I wash mine in the yard.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    I put a zip lock sandwich bag over the air filter and use the garden hose on it. I then give it a few shakes and take it inside for the after run maintenance. I have found that the inside of the hex heads are rusting and anything steel is begging to rust. I do not have a air compressor, but if have one, use it. I have not used any cleaners or solvents, just h2o with some PSI behind it. That is what I have been doing for the past month.

RC Enthusiast
    I usually remove the engine, electronics and scrub with a toothbrush part by part, it takes time but my truck sparkles when im done, til next time that is... Water hose is your best friend.

RC Qualifier
    I use Simple Green mixed 50/50 with water. Spray generously, sit for a few minutes and dry with an air compressor. Toothbrush cacked on gunk and wipe down. I remove the air cleaner and stick a piece of cloth in the carb first. Works great. If using water, u should lightly spray the bearings and metal parts (shaft pins, screws, etc.) with some wd-40 unless u don't mind a little rust.
    If you can't beat it....destroy it!

RC poster
    I think a simple brush works well!!

RC Qualifier
    Get rid of the wife......LOL.LOL.LOL.
    This is getting expensive!!!!!!

RC Competitor
    I'm with Kacey. I remove wheels/tires. Spray generously with 50/50 water & cleaner. Then hit it with compressed air. I use simply water and a scrub brush for wheels and tires.