RC Racer

Maxx Amps Lipo Packs

What do you guys think of Maxx Amps lipo packs? I'm currently running venom 2 & 3s and was thinking of upgrading to max amps.

IMO they are VERY over price. I doubt you would see a performance increase over your Venom packs but promise you they will put a dent in your wallet. There are wiser options out there than MaxAmps IMO.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    IMO they are VERY over price. I doubt you would see a performance increase over your Venom packs but promise you they will put a dent in your wallet. There are wiser options out there than MaxAmps IMO.
    I fully agree!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Racer
    Thanks for the input. Are they anyother lipos that you would suggest getting? What lipos are you running?

I run SPC lipos but they are out of stock now and wont be in stock for few weeks. IMO they are worth the wait if you can hold off until they come in.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    I run ***** packs. They are only like 8 bucks! But then you got to pay like 10 for shipping from china and wait 2 weeks. They have performed great for me.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by penz View Post
    I run ***** packs. They are only like 8 bucks! But then you got to pay like 10 for shipping from china and wait 2 weeks. They have performed great for me.
    8 bucks! wow that's cheap!
    First MiniSlash

Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post
    8 bucks! wow that's cheap!
    Yeah they are very cheap, you get what you pay for IMO
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah they are very cheap, you get what you pay for IMO
    I disagree I have a couple of those and they perform like any other brand.

RC Qualifier
    +1^ I have had mine for about 1 year. 1 set of 2 have over 60+ cycles and they have just as much punch as a set a buddies that he paid 3x the amount.....
    Wouldn't you like to know...

Quote Originally Posted by choppermech11@m View Post
    +1^ I have had mine for about 1 year. 1 set of 2 have over 60+ cycles and they have just as much punch as a set a buddies that he paid 3x the amount.....
    60 cycles is nothing though. Tell me how well they are performing when they have well over 300 cycles on them.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    60 cycles is nothing though. Tell me how well they are performing when they have well over 300 cycles on them.
    300 !!!!!! I will be there one day. I would love to run the truck that much. But I will let you know. I actually have a chart with each battery numbered with how many cycles are on them. Just charge and balance everytime? Any other tricks?
    Wouldn't you like to know...

The only "trick" I use is buying a quality battery and then treat them properly. I have seen well over 300 cycles on many of my packs and typically see 350 before I start seeing any loss of performance. Usually by the time I get to 400 cycles I am wanting or have ordered new packs.

I am not running my trucks as much has I used to but there was a time I would put those 350-400 cycles on a set of two packs in approximately 3 months.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by choppermech11@m View Post
    300 !!!!!! I will be there one day. I would love to run the truck that much. But I will let you know. I actually have a chart with each battery numbered with how many cycles are on them. Just charge and balance everytime? Any other tricks?
    give it time and take care of them, you will see 300+ runs out of them
    First MiniSlash

RC poster
    I fully agree about MaxAmps prices but they are the only packs that are waterproof! I've seen Lipo packs shorted by getting wet ....... not a good thing.. Other than than I think you are also paying for their warranty.

RC Competitor
    I have over 40 of the "cheapies" and have never had a problem. Even if the cheapies only last 200 cycles, you can buy at least 3 of them for the price of 1 maxx amps pack.
    slash 4x4, 1/16 summit vxl, and an old t maxx 2.5

RC poster
    +1 , who cares that a 8$ battery dosen't run 300 cycles , you can get 5 of them for less than a single maxamps

by far , no problems with my 1.5 3s ******* , even if i charge them at 2C

Personally I tend to avoid the high cost and the low cost cheapies and look for more the middle of the road type pack. For me that is where the sweet spot lies. Maxamps IMO is just a rip off and the cheap batteries IMO do not live up to their hype, their initial performance is decent but they dont last long and have too high of a failure rate. Not to mention I hate supporting companies that practice unethical business practices.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power