RC Racer

Thinking about getting lipo and charger...

Need some suggestions. I want to be able to use the house to charge so a/c d/c would be great. I think I want a 2s 20c lipo battery. I'm not concerned about going 60 mph. I also looked at some nimh batteries from jon the battery guy. They are around $80 and the lipos I looked at were around half that. Any thoughts?

RC Enthusiast
    I recently went to the lipo packs and i like em. I do still have my nimh packs for when others want to drive my stuff. I have a nice 3s 40c 2650mah pack thats just too fast to have fun with. I have a 2s 20c 2200mah pack thats nice but its actually not quite strong enough fer the amp draw from da motor. I have a 2s 40c 3000mah pack on order that should be here in a day or two that will hopefully be just right. I got them from hobbypartz.com , it is a good place to check. Unfortunately the charger i want still isnt in stock so im usin my crappy old one.

RC Racer
    racers edge" have some really good lipos for 45 bucks 2s 20c 5000mah and they balance perfectly and discharge the same!
    As for a good charger the Dynamite Passport is a 6s charger and its only 60-65 bucks! i have both and i'm really happy with them.
    The battery has a really long run time allso.
    Last edited by P'noRcer; 01-14-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Adding the charger

RC Racer
    Thanks to pno I have the same setup and its worked so far!!!!Just have to get a 2s lipo now cause the 3s is redickulous but is ALOOOOTTTTTT of fun!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNihXfpq8vw thats the charger that we have pretty nice for the price!

RC Racer
    Thanks for the suggestions I'm going to check them out.

RC Racer
    another good part about this Is the racers edge battery comes prefitted with the TRX high current connector all you need to buy is the dynamite bannana that also has a trx high current connector but if you like deans that comes with the charger!!!

RC Qualifier
    Thunder ac6 is 42 bucks with free shipping and charges 6s and comes with balancer and everything
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC Qualifier
    ^^ does anyone have any experience with this charger? I'm thinkin about getting it
    If it ain't dirty get it dirty

RC Qualifier
    I have it and I love it, my brother has one and my friends have one, great charger!!!!
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC poster
    I have the thunder AC6, AWESOME charger.
    HPI RS4 Rally
    Stampede VXL 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Just a note, have you seen the new price on the SPC 3S 5000mah Lipos? Might think about checking them out... $50 for a brand new pack with the best warranty in the business... cant go wrong there.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    my 3s racers edge battery has worked awesome just stays with the front up in the air but I want a 2s with longer run time any suggestions bud? Thanks again for all the help!

RC Competitor
    If you're looking for cheap lipos, look no further than the Blue lipos from Hobby Partz. They're $20 for 2 cell 5000mah 20c lipos.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-5000mah-2s1p-74-20c.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-5000ma...4-20c-car.html

The hardcase lipos should fit with no problem, however, they're nearly always out of stock. The softcase lipos are a tight squeeze, but they still fit.

You won't find a better deal anywhere else.