RC poster

E-revo Brushless Mamba, reverse issue

Hi. I'm an RC newbie and I just got this truck and i've managed to lose reverse! Does anyone know how to get it back. I know you can change settings but how?

Many thanks

RC Champion
    been a while since i did any updating to my castle mmm revo, but you'll need the castle link to update it/change settings. It's probably set in race mode/reverse lockout. Someone will correct me if wrong, but you're erbe should have come with a small castle programming book that u can change the settings without using the castle link, just takes a bit longer and u have to wait for all the beeps
    need4spd

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dshaffer View Post
    been a while since i did any updating to my castle mmm revo, but you'll need the castle link to update it/change settings. It's probably set in race mode/reverse lockout. Someone will correct me if wrong, but you're erbe should have come with a small castle programming book that u can change the settings without using the castle link, just takes a bit longer and u have to wait for all the beeps
    I just read over the drivers ed guide and you have to have the Castle Link to do anything except calibrate the esc.

RC poster
    Hi. Thanks for the replies. I have read the book again and there is a section about manual programming, I will have to give that a go and if not maybe take it to my local RC shop, i'm sure they could do it easy.

RC Champion
    manual programming is the easiest thing EVER!

Turn the transmitter on and hold throttle.
    Turn on esc and continue to hold throttle. it will beep a few rings letting you know you entered calibration (f,n,r) but continue to hold throttle.
    You'll hear another few rings and this lets you know you entered manual programming. Now you can let go of throttle.
    Use the rear of the castle driver's ed book to change the settings you want. Throttle means yes and reverse means no.

If you have to go to the hobby shop ... you're wasting your gasoline.

RC poster
    Hi. I have just given the manual programming a go and it's all fixed, hooray! I was surprised how easy it was ( i always suspect the worse). Thanks for the replies.