Thread: mmm gearing???

RC Qualifier

mmm gearing???

i have tooken my mmm from my bl emaxx and transfered it into my demolisher summit [JOKER]...i have the 17 tooth pinion on it as of now...but am still waiting on my rearend to run it...is this acceptable gearing for great torque in both low and hi gears...i am waterproofing the mamba esc...cuz i do love running those demolishers in the snow and would like to run high gear in it... the 775 didnt have the power to do so in high...great motor which i am puttin into my emaxx...i will be running 6s in this application...any info greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Burned Up; 01-07-2011 at 11:58 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe this might help you , decide on gearing. has revo gearing and one or two places has summit (but not all maybe only one) anyway you can tweak custom.

I like this tool. hope helps you too.

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/car_setup.html

BTW (not trying to hijack)

Question for You or other MMM users. Is there a problem with its BEC running digital servo's ?
    My Car Friend was telling me that Max pro and Monster, have a issue when running Digital servos .
    something about causing havoc for digitals in there neutral position, so guys have to run a separate BEC.

Thanks.
    Last edited by VonGearStripper; 01-08-2011 at 12:43 AM.

I'm not sayin don't do it...... but it is my belief that you are going to have alot of drivetrain issues.those demolishers are well named
    the diff's are not going to be happy.Well i would gear it way low and work up. if it was running 17t in your maxx this truck is say 12 pounds stock, more than a maxx plus you added 8 pounds in just foam and tires thats 20lbs +whatever rims you used if it was rc4wd rims 1.5 pounds each.over 25 pound truck gear low first just so it doesn't catch on fire because you are asking it to do the next to impossible get 25 pounds to move like it's 10 pounds.I hope it can be done I'm guessing crawling is not a priority "why crawl it i can just smash through it"
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    did not go with the rc4wd rims do to money at time...i SQUEEZED them on to some cheap integy rims...i could very easily turn them over in low gear with the 775 stock gearing...took all it had in hi on dry driveway...and no the diffs hated the strain of them...had to trade swamp kongs in for jumbo kongs...cuz of way over wait time for tires from rcplanet but yet im still waitn on those also...may switch to them if they come... would like to find unbreakable diffs...hahahaahaha

If you find some buy as many as you can and sell them here,To me first please LOL....
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried