RC Qualifier

Screw loose (diff)

Hi guys.I thought i'd trashed the rear diff,It went really noisy,some old folk thought some industry was going on in the woods .BUT (and its a big 'un) The screws that hold the ring gear had come loose . I had the same thing with the rear diff in the maxx.No blue goo,,,,? The summit diff's not trashed .I'll be refitting it later,beating the truck tommorrow

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You have screw loose? Who'd have thought it...

The ring gear is metal but the diff cup is plastic, so you need or point in using blue threadloc. Just tighten it down and keep an eye on it every few runs or so- may not have been installed correctly, or the diff cup may be warped/ stripped a little etc etc.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

Mine was doing that as well then i noticed the couple of cracks in the diff cup where the screws go in these trucks really need a metal diff cup.I used a drop of ca glue for a temp fix till i could replace it
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    wants the part number of this "Diff Cup" ? Reason, I have never been this deep into the machine, and don't know were this is .
    just curious

Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Its inside the differentials- the large ring gear screws to the plastic 'cup' which holds the small spider gears-

http://traxxas.com/pdfs/5607_explode...ift-servos.pdf

5681 in the top right hand corner diagram.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Qualifier
    Thank YOU Army of Darkness.

RC Qualifier
    would that cause one side of the diff to quit workn when locked or not???cuz this is what mine has started doing

RC Qualifier
    Higuys.Some makes an alu diff cup.Can't find it at the mo.Worth a google though

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    Hi.Can't really see the pic,so don't know if it'll work.I've seen a silver machined one somewhere,RC monster I think.My diff lock fork broke at the final point of reinstallation .I'm ordering a new one tommorrow,if I can find one in the UK.

RC Qualifier
    try go to this forum they have a realy good image . but not sure if the correct Revo they are talking about Nitro revo's sorry i am a newb to Traxxas car stuff . http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/95...ed-revo-diffs/ but it looks pretty solid.