RC Qualifier

Need wheelie wheels and a new Rear bumber

some mind less wheelies in 1st and 2nd gear .

Link to Video

also changed the Motor Connectors after my Heli Friend said its robbing me Blind.
    Image link

this helped

also got the rest of my adapters to charge both lipos at the same time. I noticed a power increase too.

Image link

any way was sure fun sanding down the Rear bumber, only thing I see my rear LED's are half gone :O

so looks like i need to make a wheelie bar or something. Open to any ideas. Thanks.

The Titan rules if you ask me. gearing is 12/68 and i have truck set with angle struts last hole . for the first gear stuff i had it with back last hole, and front first hole. that is why the forward rake , i was just being silly. any way was fun, now back to crawling. hope video not to boring i tried to keep it semi short.
    Last edited by VonGearStripper; 01-07-2011 at 02:37 AM.

RC poster
    WOW, that's crazy/cool!

i believe the revo wheelie bar bolts on,i thought i read that somewhere here
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I did a search is that the Traxxas 5472 ?
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVEU6&P=ML

wow I found this HD one wonder if that fits, looks like it must attach were skid plate is. hmm gives me a idea , how to make one .

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMHZ1&P=7

or this
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYPG0&P=7

Thanks the Traxxas one looks affordable. Then again I can tune the wheelies out , but they are fun LOL.

RE EDIT

OK here is Video showing the traxxas wheelie bar mounted on summit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thTnvFwi-oM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHbTcZmfQDo nice videos too

By Qaudiak, I think I have seen Post Here By him.
    Last edited by VonGearStripper; 01-07-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: add more info

RC Qualifier
    UPDATE:
    Totally Fun now. My LHS had the Traxxas 5472 wheelie bar set . Fits like a glove. these are cool too, because you can pop them off , really fast if you go heavy off road . there is a push clip for this purpose, Great engineering. comes with the two longer screws you will need , for the conversion.

it was pitch black dark out side and raining a little, but i had to try them out. with black top a little slick the Summit still launched (2nd gear) into a wheelie. and because of the wheelie bar. it stays up I got about 20 feet until momentum toke over. I like it

but the only thing that i had to change after test run, was the wheels them selves, they are hard plastic and about 1" OD, so it has that dragging bumper sound. so i dug threw my airplane parts, and found some wheels from a Hobbico Cessna 182 Select (rears 1.75" OD. drilled out the holes to .200" then i had to use a Machinist type Bit you might not have around, its a counter bore bit , used that to narrow the wheel slightly so the traxxas stepped bolt fits like stock. now i have chrome wheels , foam rubber tires , and they are a little bigger . will have to test during the day so i can see if there are any tweeks needed. but should work. will see.
    Dubro micro sport wheels would probably work as well , with same drilling modification, but might not need to be narrowed with the counter bore Bit.

cant wait till morning. This is going to fun.

I have mine set on step 3 , since the Summit has Large tires. another reason why i think the slightly bigger tires will help .
    you could actually run it all the way down, and still have big high wheelies because of this. and all the way up, they might clear off roading . LOL

Thank you Jamann for pointing me in the right direction. and thankyou Qaudiak for showing these things fit and work.
    I am a happy camper now. no brushless needed.

Cool glad that worked out for ya
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    Did you notice a difference after changing motor connectors?

I have been tempted to change them to a gold bullet connector like on a brushless.....or even to a deans style connector.

I have been waiting to burn up my motor and to try it on the new one but the old motor just keeps on going!

RC Qualifier
    If your out of warranty , i would say go for it , I waited tell mine was past the 30 day. put 4mm or bigger . Yea I noticed increase in power doing 4 things :

1 Installed 2s Lipos (traxxas connector fitted)
    2 cleaning the motor real good and applying 1 drop of comm oil (there is a difference)
    3 Match charging both Lipos at the same time
    4 changing out motor connectors for 4 mm gold barrels , if you are cheap handy with soldering gun, you could solder direct, no connectors just heat shrink .

yea good care and you will waiting along time I think for it to burn out, I like my 775 now
    wheelies on command . and after i got these wheelie bars I now can hold a wheelie for at least 30 feet now .
    the 1 3/4 air planes wheels are perefct with bar set at pos 2 or 3 .

only problem they don't last long, but luckly i have a big supply of 1 3/4" airplane wheels, because They are to small for our flying filed.

its a sick little truck now LOL . wheelies best with stock summit tires , tried Moab's (going to test again today with weight change on fronts), red rocks, and insanely tried the rock crushers, but they crushed my clutch. only could wheelie with the abusive forward back 1st gear trick. :O
    so its back to stock summit tires , for some fun 2nd gear 30 foot wheelies , some times longer.

anyway hope 4 points help you. that is what i did.

wheelie tunning i did.
    for suspension move diagonal rods to inner most hole all four or at least the back ones , double purple springs in back(could just move front springs to back) , shock preload all the way out like from factory .set clutch 1/2 turn out, make sure clutch is clean and dry and not glazed, mount the traxxas wheelie bars 5472 set to pos 3 and have fun

Sick lil Summit

RC Racer
    Changing connectors over to 4MM bullets is definitely a worth while and cheap upgrade.
    A very noticeable gain is achieved..................(more punch...slight more top end)

I can't believe that traxxas even uses the connectors that come on the truck stock.......it's not like the truck is inexpensive....and we all know that at $2.47 for 10 pairs of bullets from HK they are cheap.

I recommend using e-flite 4mm gold connectors if you are wanting to just pick up something local and quick.
    I think 2 packs (6 pairs ) ran me about $8 and the quality is a1.

RC Qualifier
    You know what stinks though? If you buy rpm bumpers, you can't mount the wheelie bar anymore.
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

RC Qualifier
    well its more then worth the Fun to have stock back bumper for wheelie bars, I call them Fun bars now.

I found the trick to the imex red rocks. Its because they are smaller that the truck would not wheelie . all i had to do was set the wheelie bar to POS 1 (like how it comes out of package). put the stock wheelie wheels back on. and now the red rocks can wheelie almost as far as the stock summit tires. about 25 feet with them. they do have trouble getting grip on Black top. on Cut grass (even un cut. they grab right away . so its official for me the summit tires are best for wheelie action

Tried moabs again , even heating them up to about 95F didn't help them, They can only do 6 feet at best :P

oh i here my charger gota run to more fun. i should get this on video .

RC Qualifier
    New Video Onboard Link