RC Competitor

The 1/16 Brushed Summit is for sale!!!!!

Just thought I would let everyone know that I have seen these for sale on a couple differnet websites but I didnt see it on the traxxas one for some reason.

RC Racer
    It is indeed showing as shipping from Tower Hobbies. Ironically enough, I called Traxxas just now to inquire about what ESC and radio were in the truck. The guy I talked to confirmed it was a AM radio, not 2.4GHz, but couldn't tell me what ESC was in the truck. I'm assuming it's the XL 2.5, which I don't think has LVC for lipos? Unless the updated that ESC somehow. Maybe I'm wrong? Either way, those to facts sort of bummed me out, and stopped me from hitting the Order button...

I suppose it could come with the XL-5...but isn't that quite a bit bigger than the 2.5?
    Last edited by evanhuntrc; 01-06-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Parts are cheap...glory lasts forever.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by evanhuntrc View Post
    It is indeed showing as shipping from Tower Hobbies. Ironically enough, I called Traxxas just now to inquire about what ESC and radio were in the truck. The guy I talked to confirmed it was a AM radio, not 2.4GHz, but couldn't tell me what ESC was in the truck. I'm assuming it's the XL 2.5, which I don't think has LVC for lipos? Unless the updated that ESC somehow. Maybe I'm wrong? Either way, those to facts sort of bummed me out, and stopped me from hitting the Order button...

I suppose it could come with the XL-5...but isn't that quite a bit bigger than the 2.5?
    you can run lipo packs on the XL-2.5
    if you need a lvc one can be had for about 15bucks
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Racer
    Once again... You can indeed run lipo packs on an XL-2.5. However, there is no low voltage cut off. And you've made it clear that you don't run one, and don't have issues. Many others have. My feeling is that you don't run lipos without a LVC. A lot of newbie RC guys read these forums, and I feel like the best advice to give to someone who is new at this hobby is that with lipos, run a LVC. This ESC doesn't have it. I've made my case on both of these posts, and I'm done now.
    Last edited by evanhuntrc; 01-07-2011 at 08:17 AM.
    Parts are cheap...glory lasts forever.

RC Racer
    Once again... You can indeed run lipo packs on an XL-2.5. However, there is no low voltage cut off. And you've made it clear that you don't run one, and don't have issues. Many others have. My feeling is that you don't run lipos without a LVC. A lot of newbie RC guys read these forums, and I feel like the best advice to give to someone who is new at this hobby is that with lipos, run a LVC. This ESC doesn't have it. I've made my case on both of these posts, and I'm done now.
    Agreed....

It includes a waterproof XL-2.5 and a Titan 550, plus a TQ AM radio...

This is the manual for it: http://www.traxxas.com/pdfs/7205_manual.pdf

He who dies with the most toys wins !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

some may not want to spend or have the extra money to have brushless
    and all that is needed if someone needs a lvc is 15bucks to buy one
    fact is you can run lipo on this truck, and fact is you will not hurt your packs if you notice a drop in speed at all stop the truck and charge the packs....
    everything will be good to go...
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Qualifier
    so traxxas now makes a "Tenbol like " motor mount to fit this size motors . Everyone can upgrade there 1/16 brushed vehicles then if all you need is the mount and a $20 can . I still don't see this Brushed Summit on the Traxxas website .
    ERBE - 8ight T/E - Kyosho Inferno

RC Enthusiast
    Parts List http://traxxas.com/pdfs/7205_parts.pdf

led sets and brushed motor mounts not available. I called a few minutes ago.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by washawaytheblood View Post
    Parts List http://traxxas.com/pdfs/7205_parts.pdf

led sets and brushed motor mounts not available. I called a few minutes ago.
    Thank you that was just what I was looking for!