RC Champion

Mamba Micro Pro or Sidewinder Micro

The wife is hounding me about getting a castle combo since I have a MMP 2650 coming for my sl4x4. What's the best one to get between the Mamba Micro Pro or the Sidewinder Micro? Just curious about your preference. We plan on running 2s and 3s.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

The Castle Micro systems are not up to powering the 1/16th scale cars/trucks, this is acording to Castle. If you want a Castle system you pretty much go for a 1/10th scale ESC and use a big block mount for a 540 motor or stick with the stock motor or some other properly sized brushless motor.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    The Castle Micro systems are not up to powering the 1/16th scale cars/trucks, this is acording to Castle. If you want a Castle system you pretty much go for a 1/10th scale ESC and use a big block mount for a 540 motor or stick with the stock motor or some other properly sized brushless motor.
    Thanks. I didn't know that. Much appreciated!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    get the sidewinder 1/10

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    The wife is hounding me about getting a castle combo since I have a MMP 2650 coming for my sl4x4. What's the best one to get between the Mamba Micro Pro or the Sidewinder Micro? Just curious about your preference. We plan on running 2s and 3s.
    Any of the micro ESCs on the market are designed to power 1/18th scale or smaller vehicles, while the Rally is really more like 1/12th scale in size and power requirements. So you need a 1/10th scale ESC to meet the demands.
    Last edited by justfasstenuff; 01-06-2011 at 07:33 AM.