RC Racer

Venom 5000 nimh battery

I just got a shipment of some minor goodies and got a new battery at my friends shop for the low low haha!!!I would have to say anyone not ready to go to lipo just yet will enjoy this battery! Deff faster and lasts twice as long as the 3300 traxxas bat(roughly a half hour of full throttle fun!!! Heard a lot of bad things about the connector that comes with it but I must have gotten that lucky one or something mine goes in perfect a little tight but better than LLLOOOOSE!

RC Enthusiast
    Haven't had very good experiences with venom nimhs, power isn't really constant and doesn't hold a charge for very long. When I used them they were supposed to be 1000+ mah than my stock Traxxas battery but not really a noticeable difference in run times after like 10 charges. Not sure how its going to last you. Hope it works out well though
    Mini Slash
    Stampede 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Be careful with that venom... try your best to keep it cool. It will be hard in the 4X4 but gear it down. Venom Nimhs have a bit of a reputation for having cells get so hot they melt the shrink and CAN pop. Just keep your eye on it. It will feel very fast and last longer than the stocker... just treat it carefully and you should be fine.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    how about this for an upgrade i don't see paying a 100 dollars for ni-mh but it looks pretty good!http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...atHump&cat=193

RC Racer
    lipo is the way to go man

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pablokillla18 View Post
    lipo is the way to go man
    Got to agree you can find a 3s lipo for around the same price as that one and you will still be able to fit the battery in the stock tray. Plus the lipo will give you more consistant power compared to the nimh.
    Mini Slash
    Stampede 4x4

RC Racer
    Yea I deff understand the lipo but I spent 35 bucks so it was well spent money for me being im new to RC life haha! I do not run my truck doing high speed runs more on and off throttle and of course an occasional speed run! Have a natural tripple double for some reason of dirt right next to the main street so its fun to just hit the jumps and not cars lol!!!But yes in about a month I see myselff deffffff goin to lipo but only 2s!
    Thanks for the input guys

RC Qualifier
    I'm gettin ready to go lipo also. But I think I gonna do it when the snow melts. I might be waiting for a while tho
    If it ain't dirty get it dirty

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Dont feel bad about the battery youve got. Just be careful with it. It will probably last fine...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    You will experience more heat, yes. But you will also gain speed! You shouldn't have heat issues with your NiMh with the optional gear.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Racer
    That extra pinion gear if for on road use.

RC Racer
    should I install the optional gear thats included while using this battery for offroad or will it create more heat? Im thinking more heat is this correct?

RC Enthusiast
    yes more heat. for bashing your truck might get pretty hot with that battery and the optional pinion. I would test it for a few minutes and if its too hot I would just put the old pinion back in.
    Mini Slash
    Stampede 4x4