Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    Besides the imbalanced factor I dont see why not. just need a harness for the dual battery set up.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Can you put the big summits RX 2.4ghz in this little summit ?

Why ? Because i figure if i do that I can drive either one with the 1/10's TX .

Thanks for help.

looks cool

RC poster
    I don't think so.
    The motor is bigger, therefore they had to go with the smaller receiver. The AM receiver is only 4 channel, not 5, therefore it's smaller. I think this is the way they have it set up, but don't sue me if i'm wrong here.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    Besides the imbalanced factor I dont see why not. just need a harness for the dual battery set up.
    The imbalance is easy to solve....you could simply build two four cell packs....the connector is simple to make on your own..that conector could also be used in charging purposes to tie the two batteries together

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascaryan View Post
    I don't think so.
    The motor is bigger, therefore they had to go with the smaller receiver. The AM receiver is only 4 channel, not 5, therefore it's smaller. I think this is the way they have it set up, but don't sue me if i'm wrong here.
    yes you can put the 1/10th summits RX in the 1/16. Its the same size they are putting in the 1/16th brushless

RC Racer
    Balance - try making twin 4-packs on either side

but someone already answered.
    Don't believe everything you think!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Guys for answer on RX . Yea I think I could use the 4ch or 5ch 2.4ghz RX , the Big summit TX should bind either one .
    Yea I should get the 4ch RX to save some space I gather same one in 1/16 VXL version.

I gotta get a Mini Me

Ill have to make a roof carrier

Quote Originally Posted by efarrell View Post
    Well i figured out where you saw that in the traxxas site. Thanks for the info.

another question though....i also saw that the XL2.5 is capable of handeling 6-8 cell batteries.

why couldn' i take and make a two cell pack to go in one side of the truck and then run a 6 cell pack in the other side and then tie them together witha a series connector for 8 cells....8 cells should give the motor more power and most likely more speed

anyone have any thoughts on this?
    I used to run piggyback packs all the time in my brushed trucks. The Titan doesn't like much over 8.4v (nominal) but even with the "big" tires and 4WD it almost has to be easier than pushing a Stampede or a Rustler. Yes, there will be a considerable difference in speed and power.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-13-2011 at 10:25 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I used to run piggyback packs all the time in my brushed trucks. The Titan doesn't like much over 8.4v (nominal) but even with the "big" tires and 4WD it almost has to be easier than pushing a Stampede or a Rustler. Yes, there will be a considerable difference in speed and power.
    Added a 7th cell to my 2/3a pack....huge power and speed gains...totally worth trying...not even sure i would bother trying 8 cells

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by P'noRcer View Post
    its just a summit with the titon in it! plus its going to move just as fast without the cogging and its easier to upgrade to the Big Block! i'd buy it just for that fact! which i might just do!
    I think the big reasons for me is, you can put a sweet 540 can that's faster than the stock 550 12t and have some great speeds and still have lots of torque, and a very easy motor swap you could put in a 45-55-65t crawler motor and do some crawling
    I really think Traxxas hit a big home run with the 550 motor stock!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey for anyone who has a brushed version, this is a LVC buzzer for less than 4bucks
    cuts in a 3.3v per cell, works on 2s, 3s, and 4s, and just plugs into the balance tab

First MiniSlash

RC Racer
    where do you get those buzzers at?
    ERBE, BRUSHLESS SUMMIT, EMBE

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by hco20001981 View Post
    where do you get those buzzers at?
    ebay......
    I think I'm going to buy a couple even with the stuff I own with a built in lvc
    First MiniSlash

RC Racer
    i could use those in my brushed emaxx, i really want a summit 1/10 but wow this looks pretty cool i wonder how well it will do in the sand
    ERBE, BRUSHLESS SUMMIT, EMBE

RC Racer
    Question: right now the brushed summit comes stock with 25/55 pinion and spur gear.....if i wanted a little more speed, how would i adjust the gears? smaller pinion and larger spur or just the opposite?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by efarrell View Post
    Question: right now the brushed summit comes stock with 25/55 pinion and spur gear.....if i wanted a little more speed, how would i adjust the gears? smaller pinion and larger spur or just the opposite?
    Smaller spure gear or bigger pinion gear.
    Thanks
    Z....

RC Champion
    any videos of the brushed version out yet ?
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    any videos of the brushed version out yet ?
    hello, anyone..... anyone.... ??
    First MiniSlash

RC poster
    What has been people's experience with the brushed version? I recently received mine, and after running for less than a whole battery I felt the power/torque wasn't living up to the expectations of the 550 motor. It wasn't horrible, but I felt something was holding it back. To see if the battery was the weak link I swapped out the included battery for a 2S Li-Po. After a single pull of the throttle (it drove a few feet) the ESC let out a large puff of smoke and that was that.

Polarity was correct and voltage shouldn't have been an issue with only a 2S Li-Po (at least, not enough of an issue to cause nearly instant death). I think I either got a defecive ESC, or the XL2.5 is being strained to the max with the Titan 550 motor. Just curious what other people's experience has been.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by big_tb17 View Post
    What has been people's experience with the brushed version? I recently received mine, and after running for less than a whole battery I felt the power/torque wasn't living up to the expectations of the 550 motor. It wasn't horrible, but I felt something was holding it back. To see if the battery was the weak link I swapped out the included battery for a 2S Li-Po. After a single pull of the throttle (it drove a few feet) the ESC let out a large puff of smoke and that was that.

Polarity was correct and voltage shouldn't have been an issue with only a 2S Li-Po (at least, not enough of an issue to cause nearly instant death). I think I either got a defecive ESC, or the XL2.5 is being strained to the max with the Titan 550 motor. Just curious what other people's experience has been.
    the 550 does not pull enough amps to smoke that esc
    that baby can take some amps
    First MiniSlash

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post
    the 550 does not pull enough amps to smoke that esc
    that baby can take some amps
    Well, it did smoke, so I'm hoping for the sake of others who buy the brushed 1/16 Summit that I just got a defective unit. I plan to call Traxxas on Monday and see what they have to say about it. If they end up replacing it for me I'll re-install it just to see how the new ESC performs, or if there are further issues. I have already installed a different power system so I can use the truck. It's a great truck overall. I had planned on swapping out the power system eventually anyway, I just wish I had gotten more use out of the stock system first.

RC Competitor
    What about trying the xl-5 esc?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerSlash View Post
    What about trying the xl-5 esc?
    I do not have one to try. I have already installed a Novak 13.5 turn sensored system in the truck, and it's awesome. I really like the truck. I had planned on putting a mild 540 brushless system in it eventually, but I was still dissapointed at the early death of the stock ESC. I called Traxxas today and they said if I send my ESC in they will send me a new one. So I'll re-install the stock system when I get the new ESC and see how it holds up.

Considering the XL-5 runs the motor in the Traxxas 1/10th scale line-up I'm pretty sure it would hold up in the 1/16th Summit. I just hope my issue was a defect and that the included XL-2.5 ESC is enough for the Titan 550 considering that is what people buying the brushed version are getting.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, it did smoke, so I'm hoping for the sake of others who buy the brushed 1/16 Summit that I just got a defective unit. I plan to call Traxxas on Monday and see what they have to say about it. If they end up replacing it for me I'll re-install it just to see how the new ESC performs, or if there are further issues. I have already installed a different power system so I can use the truck. It's a great truck overall. I had planned on swapping out the power system eventually anyway, I just wish I had gotten more use out of the stock system first.
    I've ran one of those little escs on a 10th scale with a 15t motor and it worked great, no heat issues or anything with it
    First MiniSlash

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post
    I've ran one of those little escs on a 10th scale with a 15t motor and it worked great, no heat issues or anything with it
    Well, that's a good sign that mine was just a defect. I'll update when I get the replacement. Thanks for the feedback about your experience.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, that's a good sign that mine was just a defect. I'll update when I get the replacement. Thanks for the feedback about your experience.
    keep in mind the motor will only pull as many amps as it need to move
    First MiniSlash

RC poster
    Mine did the exact same thing. First time I plugged a tiny 2 cell lipo into it it smoked too and melted the case.
    it was the second battery on a brand new truck. The first was the stock battery which I charged on my tritan charger and only held 886 mah