RC Racer

Dremel Chassis Mod

Hey guys, I know that a ton of you guys run the ********* and ******* batteries. I've heard that the 3s fit, but due to the 8AWG wire they require a little work with the Dremel. I was wondering if someone could post some close up pictures of the modification they made to the chassis to make the battery fit better.
    Thanks
    Last edited by TrickTraxxas3; 01-04-2011 at 09:15 PM.
    Drive it, Break it, Fix it, Love it, Repeat

RC Racer
    Also if I may add, how can I get my 8 cell NIMH hump pack to fit?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    If you cant get the battery hold down bar to close over your 8cell you need to use velcro straps to hold your battery in. Just dremel a small notch in the bottom of the battery area close to the centre thats as wide as your velcro strap. Then feed the strap through the slot you dremeled and wrap it all the way around the chassis and over the battery.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Thanks Pave. I kinda solved my problem on my own. I had one of the extended battery bar posts that came with battery tray expansion kit for my 2wd Pede so I used that with the 29mm bar and it flexes a bit but its nice and snug.

On the other hand, does anyone got a picture of their Dremel mod on their 4x4 Pede or even a picture of the mod on a 4x4 Slash? Any input would be helpful.

RC Racer
    Anyone, got some pix??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    I'll have some for you hopefully tomorrow, when I get my AE straps.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Racer
    Here you go. I also run the taller battery bar. One more thing I also did was loosen the pin post a couple good turns. It is still very anchored in the chassis, it just sits up a couple mm taller, so you don't have to crush your batteries (never a good thing).

MBX6T TEKIN RX8 2000 4s
    Gmade R1 3s
    4x4 Pede

RC Racer
    Thanks Tedo. I dont understand why HK needs to put 8AWG wire on their big batteries, its a little overkill. If you dont mind me askin, what battery are you running? Also, thanks GN. BTW does anyone make a custom battery bar that would fit my 8 cell NIMH better than the way I got it set up currently?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickTraxxas3 View Post
    Thanks Tedo. I dont understand why HK needs to put 8AWG wire on their big batteries, its a little overkill. If you dont mind me askin, what battery are you running? Also, thanks GN. BTW does anyone make a custom battery bar that would fit my 8 cell NIMH better than the way I got it set up currently?
    Yeah, they are a little thick. Thank *** for the Hakko station. I run the 2s 5200 30C hardcase (double ballooned and siliconed).
    MBX6T TEKIN RX8 2000 4s
    Gmade R1 3s
    4x4 Pede

RC Racer
    Ok, quick ?. the description says that that battery says length is 139mm. so in theory there should be about 3mm in play. Is the only reason you needed the mod due to the fact the balloons added length or was it because the 8AWG wires wouldnt fit through the opening in the U in the battery bar. I was going to order these because i figured that they'd fit without the mod.
    P.S.~ what is the hakko station?

RC Racer
    Because the wires come out of the end of the battery and won't fit in the tub. The mod seriously takes 1 minute.

The Hakko is a soldering station. Hakko 936. The best.

Quote Originally Posted by TrickTraxxas3 View Post
    Ok, quick ?. the description says that that battery says length is 139mm. so in theory there should be about 3mm in play. Is the only reason you needed the mod due to the fact the balloons added length or was it because the 8AWG wires wouldnt fit through the opening in the U in the battery bar. I was going to order these because i figured that they'd fit without the mod.
    P.S.~ what is the hakko station?
    MBX6T TEKIN RX8 2000 4s
    Gmade R1 3s
    4x4 Pede

RC Racer
    Ok, cool, the only thing i was wondering about was that if the dremel mod was alot of cutting, it might weaken the chassis.
    I have an adjustable weller. It works perfectly!