Thread: upgrades

RC Competitor

upgrades

just wondering if anybody knew what upgrades would be good to get. car is mainly going to be ran on the street on not dirt

Check out the Rally and 1/16 E-Revo/Slash forum. Common things are the hub carriers.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    and toadztoyz.com

RC poster
    How about the shocks? If I am mistaken, the shocks are plastic on the Ken Block car(?). I would be looking at getting the GTR Shocks (Part# 7061X) and all of the GTR Springs to help with the suspension.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGregster76 View Post
    How about the shocks? If I am mistaken, the shocks are plastic on the Ken Block car(?). I would be looking at getting the GTR Shocks (Part# 7061X) and all of the GTR Springs to help with the suspension.
    Yes the shocks are plastic and some people complain that they leak, I wouldn't expend $40 on gtr shock when you can upgrade just the 4 body shocks for $12.

RC Champion
    if the shocks are kept clean they will last longer. so your street running will help that
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Competitor
    I don't feel that there are necessary upgrades.

My favorite upgrades and the ones that seem to really enhance my enjoyment are the rpm axel carriers and traxxas adjustable aluminum toe links 7038x.

I've also done 7018x alum push rods and 7028 steel balls as well as put bearings in the rockers and steering. Have not been as impressed.

Next step is motor fan and really need a new body (i have stock blue rally body and its really worn out from the way I drive.

i have the rpm carriers, and althoguh i do liek them, they are not as good as the gpm aluminum ones that i now run on the front.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I think the first 2 upgrades that are "necessary" are the bearings in the rockers and the steering. They made a big difference in how the suspension worked in my car. I did a set of hot racing hard coated aluminum shock bodies (same as the GTR parts basically), a set of TiNi coated shock shafts and an aluminum shock dress up kit (caps, cups and adjusters) from Hot Racing. They look nice but im not sure they make the suspension work any better overall.

A few things I did that I do think were beneficial relate to heat. I put on an integy motor heat sink with a fan... made a bit different. I put on a heat sink motor mount from integy, an integy motor plate with a small heat sink on the front also. These upgrades help lower my temps a bit... not drastically... but every bit helps.

Honestly, push rods and camber/steering link upgrades are all for show. Some are adjustable but I dont see that as being a huge upgrade. Aluminum looks nicer than plastic... thats why I did mine. same with the rockers themselves. The aluminum looks sweet... but no performance gain.

Id say, get the bearings, do some upgrades to keep your motor cooler, vent the body, get some tire/wheel options and some good batteries. Anything else is really just for looks or for durability, which isnt a huge issue on the rally unless your hitting alot of curbs... in which case maybe more practice would be beneficial... hehe
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ