RC Enthusiast

When will there be replacement bodies?

I posted last night and look today to see my post erased. When can we expect to see some replacement bodies? I guess when enough Rally's are sold.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-03-2011 at 03:34 PM.

RC Champion
    I so want another body. I'm with ya on this...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah apparently there is a 69 Camaro Rally body. It looks way better than the Mustang. I can't seem to mention anyone other than Traxxas making bodies, cause if I do someone edits my post. I can't wait till the aftermarket gets on board.

RC Competitor
    It would be nice if one of the traxxas employees that post here would comment.

RC Enthusiast
    I called earlier this week and was told by a Traxxas employee that Rally bodies will be available in the next week or so. It seems like somebody dropped the ball. I can't understand how all the other parts are available but not the bodies.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by r32silviatech View Post
    I called earlier this week and was told by a Traxxas employee that Rally bodies will be available in the next week or so. It seems like somebody dropped the ball. I can't understand how all the other parts are available but not the bodies.
    I don't think anybody dropped the ball, as most of the other parts intrinsic to the Rally or KB aren't available either. Only ones really widely available were already out there because they fit the miniSlash.

But thanks for calling them, I just hope the Fiesta and Mustang bodies get out soon.

RC Enthusiast
    All the other parts needed to convert a Slash VXL to a Rally, I purchased in November through Traxxas. Of course almost everything I needed said it was "out of stock". I called anyway and the only thing they didn't have in stock was the body, and the shock limiters. I'm wondering what makes these bodies so hard to get produced.

RC poster
    is there other vendor's body that fit the traxxas rally ?

RC Enthusiast
    The Rally's wheelbase is 206mm, the width is 185mm. The only thing that would come close are Tamiya mini bodies, as well as HPI mini bodies that have a 210mm wheelbase. It seems these would be close at the wheelbase, not sure about the width. I'm ready to buy one and try it out. I'm getting sick of having my Rally sit cause there's no bodies available. Tower says mid January. Next it will be February, and so on and so on....

RC poster
    i see, thx

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by r32silviatech View Post
    I'm getting sick of having my Rally sit cause there's no bodies available. Tower says mid January. Next it will be February, and so on and so on....
    My rally is too much fun to sit around. I'm close to desperate [bit not willing to pay ebay prices] so this is what i'd do. I'd use a slash body and new body posts.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-this-body-too!

RC Champion
    in the the UK a shop says clear shell 16 but out of stock. at least they say a price.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Competitor
    Yokomo made a 1/16 scale drifter of a Mazda RX7. Also when I use to r/c crawl I would find 1/10 hard bodies to use. So Target has a new bright 1/16 rally for $20 rtr. Remove the body and it should work. I have not measured as of yet but I will try and get to Target once my KB comes in that I ordered up today. & if you google for Traxxas Rally Body you will find tons of retailers selling them @ almost any price however, they all say out of stock...

Quote Originally Posted by Manny_E View Post
    is there other vendor's body that fit the traxxas rally ?
    Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    in the the UK a shop says clear shell 16 but out of stock. at least they say a price.
    Last edited by SNIPR806; 01-16-2011 at 02:19 PM.

RC Competitor
    Hey SNIPR806 Where can i buy that RX7 body i see the whole car everywhere but cant find just the body...

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Lexan Tamiya midnight pumpkin body fits wb and track. Tower has them in stock. The Lunchbox body will fit, but will be hard to mount.

RC Racer
    i hope they come out with a New Dodge Challenger body.
    Savage Flux 2350 & Pede VXL (3607)

RC poster

dimensions above.

the wheelbase is about +/- 10 mm difference w/ what is available from other vendors.
    Last edited by Manny_E; 01-17-2011 at 07:50 PM.

RC Competitor
    I don't know? Try going to yokomo's website and contact them - LMK

Quote Originally Posted by tirado_881 View Post
    Hey SNIPR806 Where can i buy that RX7 body i see the whole car everywhere but cant find just the body...

RC Champion
    a shop in the UK has a test run of body's
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Racer
    this is just a thought....but has anybody thought about using the new exotek hummer body.....probably would have to use mounts off of mini revo or mini summit...possibly a new bumper too

http://www.exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_N...REVO_BODY.html

RC poster
    Still no word on this huh? Ill need to get one soon. Don't really feel like spending 40 bucks on eBay for one I can't paint

RC Racer
    The actual Kit still says Late Jan. I might just ... get a summit. Its not like I can run the Rally with all this snow here in NY. All my Fantasy Football winnings are burning a hole in my pocket.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-08-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    Savage Flux 2350 & Pede VXL (3607)

RC Qualifier
    My guess, all the bodies TRAXXAS are building are for the Rally itself.. It is still out of stock in many places.
    Traxxas please sell kits!