RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Anyone thinking of trying the MMP SC 2400KV system?

I think this system looks like the perfect compromise between VXL motor size and weight and 1/8 (MMM) motor torque and cool running. At 2400kv it could be run on 3S without any issues... its a 4 pole motor so it would be extremely torquey but its only a 36mm can so its not nearly as big or heavy as the 2650 motor. Its a bit long so dremeling would still be necessary but only minor stuff... the biggest issues I had with fitting my 2650 motor were due to its diameter, not its length.

Im just wondering if anyone has or is planning on trying this system. I bet its amazing. When Castle offers just the motor for sale I may look at replacing my 2650 with it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

I think the SW SCT 3800kv system on 3S (which it should handle well with trucks of this weight) will be ballistically fast enough. Waiting to see more reviews.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

True true. So you think that 3800 motor can run 3s and stay cool with higher speed gearing? I don't know enough about 4pole designs. I like both though.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    It does not stay cool, the 3800kv. I have it and run 3s its hot after about fifteen minutes even at stock gearing.

Not cool, but how hot... like VXL on 3S hot? Do you like it better than the VXL system? Are you running the sidewinder ESC or the MMP ESC with the 3800 KV motor? Were all dying to hear how this works in a pede 4X4.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I have order the 2400kv combo and i will run on 4S with 11 tooth pinion or 17 if the motor are too close of center drive shaft, i will adjust too the slipper at 1/4 loose and for the drive shaft i have the tekno rc M6 !
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C