Hybrid View

RC poster

Water soaked Tires

Hello, we had some rain here in Alabama for the first time since Christmas and I finally got to run my Summit in some mud holes but now my tires are full of water and I broke an axle because my tire was so heavy, so how do you ever get the water out after the foam gets soaked.Thanks for the help

RC Racer
    put a tiny slice in the center of the tire and one more exactly across. and when done playing in water you flip truck upside down and give it a goose, all water flys out
    Last edited by dblrnut; 01-02-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    http://outlawrccrawlers.createaforum.com/index.php

RC Qualifier
    Really *L* here in Mobile it has rained for the past 5 days today was the first dry day.. best bet if you dont have a 2nd pair is just keep squeezing them to get as much out as you can. Let them set for a little bit and try it again. If it was summer time i would say leave them in your truck/car for a couple days they would dry out fast. But next time might toss some tape over the holes in the rims that helps a lot as well.
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Qualifier
    Don't slice your tires! That will cause a the slit to tear the tire apart during high speed rotation. Drill a 1/8 hole on each side so it doesn't rip a slice open.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Qualifier
    Hi.You'd be better off burning/melting 2 holes opposite each other with a soldering iron.Stops it tearing

RC Qualifier
    +1 ^ for the soldering iron. I have used this method a few times and tires never ripped or the hole never got bigger
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Competitor
    I have tried to tape over the hole and had mixed results.......some times after jumping I think the pressure in the tires just pops the tape loose.

I would have to agree with not cutting a slice or X........a small tear usually ends up a big tear.

I heat up a sharp hollow punch with a torch and melt a round hole....then lift up the truck and run it for a second and most the water will be thrown out.

RC Competitor
    i wud do the soldering iron thing and also drill 1 or2 1/8'' hole on the inside of the rim

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by speednut07 View Post
    i wud do the soldering iron thing and also drill 1 or2 1/8'' hole on the inside of the rim
    There's already holes on the inside of the rim that's how water got in there in the first place. To get the water out there needs to be holes in the tires, the centrifigal force of the spinning tire will fling the water out. It's in the owners manual.

I wish there was water resistant foams because once they get wet they are never the same.I thought about silicone spray like they use for tents to waterproof them,but haven't tried it not sure it would work or help
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried