RC Racer

dual to single motor plate?

if i upgrade to brushless and change the motor plate how many motor mount screws do you use to hold the 2200 motor on there? the reason i ask is because im going to be selling my motors and i want to know if i need to keep the screws
    ERBE, BRUSHLESS SUMMIT, EMBE

RC Champion
    2 screws, you can't fit more than that anyways.

RC Racer
    Does anybody know when you change the dual motor plate to single do you use the same amount of screws? I want to sell my titans with the dual plate but I don't know what hardware I need to hang onto until I get the single plate?
    ERBE, BRUSHLESS SUMMIT, EMBE

RC Champion
    you need this

part number 5677X and 5690X and you need the same amount of screws

both gear cover and single motor mount plate is needed for single motor mount
    Slightly Addicted

RC Qualifier
    You should hang on to all your hardware. You never know when you might need it. No need to give away your hardware with the parts. Let the buyer figure out hardware on your own.
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Racer
    i heard it was better to stay with the dual plate and run the MMM on the back. It flexes less i guess and saves spur gears. Anyone got any info on this?

RC Qualifier
    I have the issue of when I flip over the body flexes and the ground grabs the dual motor plate and bends it while breaking the gear cover. For that reason alone I would probably get the single motor plate.

RC Competitor
    I just turned over my E-Revo by hand after I read ur post, Deerhurst, just to see how much clearance I had. Even with the wing and front body mount, I have at least zero clearance. The antenna flexes on the counter top.

RC Qualifier
    I eventually broke my gearbox shells and bent up my motor plate pretty bad. It was from a direct hit to the gearbox and motor plate. I now have the single motor motor plate and there is no chance of it grinding away by the hole in my body when I flip over.

RC Competitor
    It is good idea to get rid of the excess weight and a high point that would can take a critical hit, as you stated. Thanks for sharing.

RC poster
    Hello,
    I bought the stock e revo a few times ago and would like to upgrade to brushless, probably with MMM. On top of esc, motor and part number 5677X and 5690X mentioned above on this post, is there anything else to buy?
    Thanks already for your help!

RC poster
    Hi!
    Anyone can help? :-)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You can also buy the Hot Racing single motor mount with heat sinks... not sure how great it is. But I have one on the way for my E-Revo. I like the little heat sinks they use. i found they really worked on my pede 4X4.

Other than the parts you listed, you would only need the MMM ESC mount. I think its about $3 on e-bay. You CAN use double sided tape but the ESC mount is nice and clean.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Hello,

I received my brushless motor but not yet the single motor plate nor the single motor cover.

Is it possible to still use it with my dual plate? If so, what should be done?

Many thanks for your help!

RC poster
    Hello,

Could anyone let me know what there is to do if I mount 1 motor on the dual plate? Just close the hole left for the second motor with tape?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cedleble View Post
    Hello,

Could anyone let me know what there is to do if I mount 1 motor on the dual plate? Just close the hole left for the second motor with tape?
    yep, just cover it so no debris gets in.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    looks like youl need one more part than you mentioned get this and youll ave it all!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10-BRUSHLE...item4d03b4b4bd
    (Rich)..If its stock.....leave it in the box!