Thread: warranty??

RC Racer

warranty??

does traxxas replace a esc that has deans connectors on it? because mine has had them on for a while and my evx2 caught on fire with 6 cell batteries

RC Competitor
    no you cant

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You will need to replace the deans connectors with traxxas ones before sending it in- how'd it manage to catch fire?
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Racer
    that is a very good question it started to smoke and it was on fire and i was just driving it around the yard

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Spontaneous esc combustion, cooool....

Bleh, yeah, just swap the plugs over and they shouldn't have any issue with replacing it if they ask you to send it in, just make sure you put the remains in a little sealed bag so the charred remains don't spill out on some poor git's desk, lol.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Racer
    It's not anywhere in pdf form, but if you look at the hard copy of "What to do if your Traxxas Model Breaks Traxxas Service and Support Guide", and if you flip past the parts list and then the exploded views (all of which ARE available in pdf) you'll find a page that can be cut out if desired headed "Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty". There is a table of prices. For the EVX series:

Warranty charge: $15
    Shipping Handling: $5.00
    "Additional Charges for Misuse/Abuse/Rewiring: up to $25"

With a note that the maximum fee of $25 will automatically be added if the esc has been rewired with non factory connectors. So that $25 is a maximum number, they might charge less if say the esc is fried unnaturally...but not if the connectors are non-Traxxas.

Also: "Total charges (not to exceed)": $45

That first $15 fee is charged after the first 30 days. And there is some verbiage on the page explaining that they charge the extra $25 when the connectors have been changed because they need to connect your esc to factory test equipment. They can't do this when the when non-Traxxas connectors are on, their test equipment is set up for their own connectors only.

So on the bright side, even if you sent it in with Deans connector, toasted black, you wouldn't be out more than $45 shipped...even on eBay they go for around $72.

I'm just interpreting the page. I may be wrong, but you might get that $25 knocked down if you solder on Traxxas connectors, since then they could plug it into their test equipment. Or maybe not.

Still the cheapest way to go, it seems.
    Last edited by H2Ohaze; 01-02-2011 at 11:12 AM.