RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar

Your letting me down Traxxas...

Now after taking out my ESC and sending it to Traxxas, I realize from the factory that there was a missing receiver box screw. This means the receiver box was not tight on one side, open. I opened up my receiver, and what do you know, water everywhere. Now it doesn't work, so I have a truck with a malfunctioning ESC and a bad receiver. Thanks Traxxas! Sheesh, this truck has been fun when it was running, but it seems like all I am running into are problems.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Qualifier

Lightbulb

Mine was missing both outer motor mount screws(6860) .. I noticed the empty holes right away. And a bad ESC.. looks like their sweat shop in china needs a new bull whip!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Enthusiast
    I realized that the stearing arm hits the center driveshaft.causing it to wear down.Located under the truck

RC Racer
    i have 1 steal yoke if you want it!! hey were in Fl are you? s-n-e-w i'm down south in broward!!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    This sounds like a Traxxas bash thread. Has anyone called them to see if they will help you out? Usually when I see a thread like this, the op, a week later will post up a thread titled something like this "AAAAA+++++ for Traxxas customer service !!!!!!!"...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    I'm in orlando.I used to live in broward county.I hurd sum people have broken a lot of the steal shafts and yokes as well.should I just run a 2s lipo.I have already been through two sets of stock ones.not to much fun when it breaks evertime u hit the throttle
    Last edited by KyleQ; 01-01-2011 at 07:26 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    This sounds like a Traxxas bash thread. Has anyone called them to see if they will help you out? Usually when I see a thread like this, the op, a week later will post up a thread titled something like this "AAAAA+++++ for Traxxas customer service !!!!!!!"...
    Not bashing at all. They do have gr8 CS and stand behind their stuff. Just commenting on their QUALITY Control. Which seems to have slipped a little. I've been without my new 400 dollar car for over a week and who knows when I'll get the esc back.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleQ View Post
    I realized that the stearing arm hits the center driveshaft.causing it to wear down.Located under the truck
    Mine does this as well, i'm thinking setting the end points of the steering servo just short of the driveshaft will fix it though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I know Traxxas service is great, i've sent plenty of things to them without any hassle. This isn't really a case of bad service, this is more of why can't I run my truck out of the box like it's supposed to. This is happening to every Stampede 4x4 it seems like, there are bugs in a lot of electronics and hardware. I'm not bashing them, it just seems like the care has gone to the tubes in this particular model. Like beet said, their "Traxxas quality" is lacking right now.

Luckily, I put the receiver in rice as soon as I found out it had water in it, and it's now working like it should. I put new screws on the receiver box to prevent more water damage. Hopefully nothing else will come up!

The sweat shop comment was what I was talking about. Sounded like a bash to me. My bad...

RC Qualifier
    I would suggest a little rice in the receiver box just in case, it is a tight seal so no water should get in when it is properly screwed down, as well I have found a light application of grease to the blue o ring/seal on the box will also help prevent water. my problem has been here in Alabama with the normal 100 percent humidity going from the cold house to the hot outside moisture will build up in the box sometimes. I mean like today January 01 2011 it was 73 Deg outside, been raining for 3 days humidity is a problem.

Just my .02
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Qualifier
    Ill take this as a personal call out. If the quality is unacceptable then it is what it is. I never once said that they wouldnt make things right.

RC Qualifier
    The sweat shop comment was what I was talking about. Sounded like a bash to me. My bad...
    Okay, maybe a little dig then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow7g View Post
    Ill take this as a personal call out. If the quality is unacceptable then it is what it is. I never once said that they wouldnt make things right.
    You can take it any way you want, but, you never said anything, as you did not even post in this thread? I made absolutely no comments toward you, as you were not even involved. What are you talking about???

If there is a "quality" issue, then Traxxas will fix it. You just have to call them up. The trucks are already built and shipped. Do you want them to pull them from the shelves?
    Last edited by rag6; 01-02-2011 at 01:12 AM.

50 genuine defective threads out of 100,000 trucks doesn't sound like every truck to me. Many threads posted have to do with user error, or 40mph crash damage. People run the truck on 3s for 5000 mah with the speed gearing without ever checking the motor temps, and wonder why the esc fails. The vast majority of traxxas owners have no problems with their purchases. Anytime there is mass production, there is a chance of a batch of substandard raw materials (which traxxas has no control over) gets through at the parts production stage. You have a problem, call them, and they fix it by sending new parts. If you want to see some bad cs or material quality, check out just about every other rc company's products. You will see that traxxas is at the top of the heap. I do understand what you are going through. My slash 4x4 driveline was a mess after 3 2s packs during shakedown runs. My replacement parts (defective bearing, and a driveshaft that was my fault because of a locked slipper) were here in a couple of days, and the rest was history. The op's problem of the missing screw is a valid concern (as was my rx wire exiting on the wrong side of the rx box, through the seal, and not the actual wire exit on my rally. Wonder if the same guy did the electrics on my car?), but Pizza Hut forgot the mushrooms on my pizza last night and they sent me a replacement. It only took 1 hr 2 get it but they are 5 blocks away and not thousands of miles away like traxxas. How may people feel the need to start this thread?="I have not had any problems with my Traxxas (fill in the blank)"

Traxxas is still has most durable, best quality products, with the best cs in the rc industry hands down.

I see where your coming from. But those 50 people are just the ones registered on Traxxas. I don't even want to know the odds of the people that don't sign up here. I doubt 100,000 trucks have been sold yet, i'd say 10,000. I do see where your coming from, I just don't like to see my truck sit when I just got it, that's supposed to be RTR.

RC Qualifier
    You can take it any way you want, but, you never said anything, as you did not even post in this thread? I made absolutely no comments toward you, as you were not even involved. What are you talking about???

If there is a "quality" issue, then Traxxas will fix it. You just have to call them up. The trucks are already built and shipped. Do you want them to pull them from the shelves?
    Because i was the one that complained and then posted A++++++ For traxxas customer service. It doesnt matter to me though. Just felt like i was being called out.

It was not a call out, but I was referring to the title of your thread from memory. I did not remember the author. It was not personal. Sorry for the confusion.

RC Qualifier
    It was not a call out, but I was referring to the title of your thread from memory. I did not remember the author. It was not personal. Sorry for the confusion.
    Its all good. No hard feelings. Im still loving my pede.

RC Competitor
    i hope the same does not happen to me because mine is coming next week :/

RC Racer
    My ESC broke from its mounts due to lack of amount of plastic that actually connects the screws to body! As far as what Ive experienced with Traxxas customer service is awesome! Im sure they will help you out as they sent me my spare axel that I broke within two days of me calling!

RC Qualifier
    Without a doubt this truck is TOUGH as nails. I did a hardcore 1+hour bash with it today and it was still begging for more. Unfortunately an hour and fifteen minutes is all i got out of my 3 2s ******* 5000 MAH (like im really complaining).