Thread: Summit Battery

RC poster

Summit Battery

Hello, but I bought my Son a Summit for Christmas I liked it so much I went and bought me one, my question is I bought some 4200 MAH batteries I heard they would run longer than stock, which they do but I would like to know how big of a battery the summit motor can handle without burning it up. I want to keep it pretty much stock, I would like a little more run time and maybe more speed but curious. I am really new to this site and these trucks, so any help would be great, and maybe where people buy there batteries from. And thanks to all of you that help people like me. Thanks Jeff

RC Racer
    Welcome mate. Do a search & you will find heaps of good info on this. I run 5400mah 2S LiPo's in my Summit with great runtimes & no heat issues. You can get lerger one's if you like.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would like to know how big of a battery the summit motor can handle without burning it up. I want to keep it pretty much stock, I would like a little more run time and maybe more speed but curious.
    Mah capacity = runtime, more the merrier though ~5000mah is about as high as nimh batts go ( since you cant increase capacity without increasing size- nimh cells only come in one size for r/c use ( sub-c cells )).

Voltage = speed, the evx2 speed controller ( esc ) can only handle 14 cells maximum, so a pair of 7 cell nimh packs is the most you can fit/ use without making the esc go pop.

Your only other option is to upgrade to lipo batteries, but that requires alot more effort to do safely ( special charger, low voltage cutoffs for the esc etc ). Have a read of the summit faq at the top of the summit section, plenty of info in there to get you upto speed.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...