Thread: Rear Diff

RC Qualifier

Rear Diff

How do i replace the rear diff fluid. Do I take it apart completely and clean it out then fill the 2 halves or is there a better way?

Somebody's gotta throw a bone in...
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-01-2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: merge
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

Not getting the "2 halves" reference. It seems like you are wanting to fill the diff housings (p/n 6880) with diff fluid when you should only be putting it in the diff carrier/cup (p/n 5381.) A bit of grease goes on the ring & pinion gears outside the diff cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Double G
    Reassemble the cup with the spider gears installed and fill with fluid to about 3/4 way up the spider gears. Then put the ring gear [on] and tighten the screws in a cross pattern and only snug. I use a little bit of auto bearing grease on the ring/pinion gear then reassemble the case snugging the screws. While putting it all together make sure all the rubber/silicone gaskets are in good shape. Push the ones for the axle shafts into their slots then put the gear through it.
    This reply was referring to Revo diffs, but since the part is shared on the two platforms, it is valid here too.
    Why would you not want to replace the old fluid?
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-01-2011 at 01:22 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Hey, I see it now.. I didn't notice the "cup" part in the diagram. happy new year!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-01-2011 at 11:14 AM.
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together